Tractor Supply / Carry-On 5x8 Trailor

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Tractor Supply / Carry-On 5x8 Trailor

Postby Longn46 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 am

Hello!

I’ve been reading up on tnttt and saw a few threads on custom trailers you can request directly from the warehouse (Carry-On) and have it shipped to your nearest TSC. I tried calling them and asking them if they can make one without the floor, sides or ramp but they said it cannot be done. The threads I’ve read were really old though.. has anyone got this done recently?

If not, I live in Southern California.. does anyone know where I can get a 5x8 trailer? Northern tools I know is popular but shipping would have been ~$250. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
Longn46
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Tractor Supply / Carry-On 5x8 Trailor

Postby paintm4u » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Try talking to a local welding shop and see if they can build you a trailer frame with axle. You will get a better, more solid trailer for about the same money.
paintm4u
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tas » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 pm

I used to have a 6.5x10 utility trailer that was homemade with angle iron. That thing was built extra heavy duty. After looking at many of the box store brands, I would never get one of theirs. Although I cant recommend anyone but it would be worth searching for someone who builds them before buying one from one of those stores.
Tas
Teardrop Builder

Postby Pinstriper » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:28 pm

I had to have a local welder rebuild the tongue and reinforce the whole frame of my Carry-on. 1” angle iron is pretty weak stuff, though they rated it based on a 2k axle.

Now she has 1.5” and 2” square tube reinforcement, and a new tongue of 2” - 4” square tube that extends 4’ under the frame instead of 15”.

Problem I had was the frame angle iron bent at the rear attachment 15” back from the frame front, the front frame angle iron twisted, and the 1.5”x3” tongue bent.

Even on a small trailer, go beefy with the material and avoid problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets