Anyone like Sketchup 6.0?

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Postby mikeschn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:29 am

B,

It's not really a fair question, as I use CAD on a daily basis. I will say that Viacad had almost a flat learning curve for me. I was using it within minutes.

They have a bunch of tutorials for folks that don't use CAD daily, and the tutorials seemed very easy.

Oh, it's a totally different product than the Architectural Series. It's a different group of programmers, who did some licensing work with Ashlar Vellum.

Oh, they have a forum if you just want to talk... if you sign up you'll have to send a PM to Tim Olson to get activated.

http://forum.punchcad.com/index.php

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Dewi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:28 am

I must be a complete dunce... I just can't understand how to use SketchUp. :oops:

I can draw in 2D in other programs, but in this I have no idea where I'm even starting... is it just me or is it really hard to learn?

Cheers, Dewi
Dewi
Teardrop Master

Postby Jst83 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:37 am

Dewi wrote:I must be a complete dunce... I just can't understand how to use SketchUp. :oops:

I can draw in 2D in other programs, but in this I have no idea where I'm even starting... is it just me or is it really hard to learn?

Cheers, Dewi

Not just you, I tried it once and it totally lost me not touched it since.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dewi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:29 am

This is the best I can muster from my design...

What I can't figure out is to rotate things properly. I can get one axis, but not another... it's a tad frustrating. I'm going to stick with it though... really want to make my design 3D so I can see how it will look when its done.

Cheers, Dewi
Dewi
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to CAD secrets