DXF vs DWF

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

DXF vs DWF

Postby bve » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:54 pm

Is it trivial for a dxf to be saved as a dwf and stored online uncompressed for use with Freewheel?

Here is a sample file in the viewer.

I ask because as a Linux user I am without access to a dwf viewer :thumbdown: I can use the dxf files in the design library with QCad which is totally cool, however Freewheel is pretty darn fast and quite slick in that it requires no software to install.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Postby angib » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:34 am

I tried using DWF when AutoCad first started encouraging its use with their previous free viewer. It didn't seem to take off and I never came across anyone who used the DWF files, so I dumped them - the 'design library' is my personal web site and it's usually bumping against its size limit, so unused files don't last long.

Using 'CAD-ish' software that only allows viewing and measuring makes a lot of sense - there's much less learning to do - but it does require the format to get past a common-ness threshold and so far DWF doesn't seem to have done that.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby bve » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks Andrew, I was hoping this might get a response from you.

Thanks also for providing the great designs and insight to those like myself who don't have the mad CAD or design skilz like yourself.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Return to CAD secrets