About to cut the sides on my Trailer For Two

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

About to cut the sides on my Trailer For Two

Postby chorizon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:03 pm

I just wanted to say Angib did an excellent job of modelling my tear on his website. I "borrowed" it, checked it against my Kuffel Creek plans, and his .dxfs were spot on. I tweaked it a little (of course) to suit my needs. Tomorrow's the big day, I'm going to cut the sides, doors, and hatch spars out on our Amada 3000W laser. I'll try and get some pics of the machine in action. If anyone's interested in my modded .dxfs, just let me know. I'm having to use 4X8 plywood for the sides, so their will be a "scarf" joint where the two halves meet, as the sides are 10' long.
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

No Holds Barred Laserin Action

Postby chorizon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:29 am

Just cut the sides, doors, and hatch spars last night. It went quite well. I was able to nest all pieces onto (3) 4X8 sheets of plywood. I'll let them lay flat for a couple weeks. The plywood I've seen lately appears to have only 2 grades. Bowed and more bowed. This came from the latter. That's OK, I still have a few things to do before I put the sides on. Have a few pics in my album now.
Here are the finished goods:
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jdarkoregon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:20 pm

All that work and you still haven't smelled the sawdust

Cheater! I'm jealous

Looking good

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby chorizon » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks! I've just about run out of things I can "cheat in" on my TD at my job. Looks like from here on...I'll actually have to work!

Oh well, I've always wondered what sawdust smelled like...
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Return to CAD secrets