CAD Experts...

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

CAD Experts...

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:40 pm

I've been waiting almost three weeks now to get six pieces of stainless steel cut at work on our plasma cutter.
I need either a DXF or DWG files for our programmer to enter into the burning software.
To help speed things up, I've created these three drawings (Below) with refernce points and radius sizes to make it easier and faster for someone that knows CAD.
Everyone at work, including myself are very busy... Just wish I knew how to use CAD... I'd be putting those fenders together this weekend.
I'm hoping someone here would be able to draw up what I need on CAD and shoot me the file.
Columnes on the left are reference points. Columnes on the right are radius sizes and radius center point references.
Thanks!

It sucks not knowing how to use CAD...
Last edited by Dean in Eureka, CA on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 am

Dean,

Years ago I programmed and operated CNC drills and routers for a circuit board company. When I did my programming all the work was in finding the coordinates. What you have in the images would have been more than enough to complete the program. Have you shown what you have to the machine operator? I can't imagine he doesn't have the ability to key it in manually and with what you have there it wouldn't take any more than 10 minutes to input. Then again I have no idea how his cutter works, I'm basing this on what I worked with. If he uses G-Code for the program it should be enough.

Later,
Darren
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby angib » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Done. Dean, see email.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Andrew,
I just finished downloading AutoDesk DWG True View 2010 so I could view the DXF and DWG files you sent me.
Thank You ever so much for taking the time to take on my burden.
After viewing the files, I see now why I must learn to use a CAD program.
People like you make this forum a great place to hang out.
Thanks Again!!! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Andrew,
The fender files have been entered into the system!!! :thumbsup:
Maybe I'll have some pieces to start working with by this weekend. :twisted:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Return to CAD secrets