Anyone have a 3d wheel & tire they would like to share

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Anyone have a 3d wheel & tire they would like to share

Postby Carter » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Looking for a 3d trailer wheel and tire file to use in Rhino. I can import most common file types.

Thanks

Jim
I need a new Avatar. I'd put my dog up there but she doesn't look much like me. She's the skinny one.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

Postby angib » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 pm

Send me your email address and I'll let you have some 3D DXFs. Sadly teardrops.us isn't working at the moment or I could show you a wire wheel off a MGB that I measured here in Britain but Mike modelled.

Andrew
angib(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Oh I remember that one...

here it is...

but you wouldn't want that one. It's like 30 megs in size... and will overwhelm the average computer.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Here's where I tried it...

Mike...

P.S. What size wheel and tire are you looking for?
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Carter » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks Guys,
Received your files but had different problems with all of them. I use Rhino, maybe it isn't the best to import. A 205 14 would be good, I have a set of 15's outside, probably measure them up, model and scale. Mike's 13 came in nearly complete, just the wheel center missing, maybe I'll start with that one.

Thanks Again,
Jim
I need a new Avatar. I'd put my dog up there but she doesn't look much like me. She's the skinny one.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

Postby Carter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Woke up in the wee hours this morning and taught myself about tire sizes. I found a section of a bias ply tire, scaled it to a ST 205-75-14 and modeled it. I then used Mike's rim section and put the mounting face in it. It's available to anyone that wants it.

Thanks again

Jim
Last edited by Carter on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Carter wrote:Woke up in the wee hours this morning and taught myself about tire sizes. I found a section of a bias ply tire, scaled it to a ST 205-14 and modeled it. I then used Mike's rim section and put the mounting face in it. It's available to anyone that wants it.

Thanks again

Jim

Very nice job on the wheel. I remodeled my wheel center and sent it to you, but I see you don't need that now.

Could you send me a step file of that wheel you did?

Thanks,

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Carter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:39 pm

On its way Mike. Now that I understand how tire sizes work and I have a tire profile it should be a breeze to model any size.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

Return to CAD secrets