Sketchup question

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Sketchup question

Postby vtx1029 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 pm

How do you add models to models?

So say if I build a trailer model and I find a model of a person already made how do I add that to my current model?

Sorry Its probably easy but I've searched and tried to do it but coming up empty.
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Postby starleen2 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Open the SketchUp file you are wanting to import the model to. Go to the 3D warehouse from within SketchUp - you'll have to sign in for this step. it will take you directly to the 3d warehouse models. choose your model and it will download it directly into the open file.

If you have two separate files and want to merge the two - Open Both files at the same time. On one model - select all and make into a group. Then copy the group. Switch over to the next file and paste the group into the existing model

Got it??
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

sketchup components

Postby danlott » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am

A simpler way to import models is to open up the compontents box. Type in what you are searching for. It will show the various models from the 3D warehouse. Click on the one you like and then click on the field to drop that model in your current file. You do not have to sign in or even have an account with google.

I do not have Sketchup on the computer that I am typing this from, so can not give your more detailed instructions, but it is fairly simple.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby vtx1029 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 am

Got it guys. Thanks for your help :thumbsup:
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Return to CAD secrets