CAD Programs and their usage

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Postby PaulC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 am

Hi aussietanker, welcome on board. Sydney, inhabited by people who think there is nothing on the other side of the Blue Mountains :lol:
Couple of things you missed in your post: 1- pictures, 2- Pictures 3- PICTURES!!!!!!! 8) Keep Madjack happy and you will keep us all happy.
Have fun with your build and make sure you have a good look at the design section at the top of this page.

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

By the way, Lawson, Blaxland and Wentworth found heaps over the other side of the hills and it has been populated :lol:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby angib » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:18 am

Sorry to spoil anyone's idea that I know how to use CAD well, but the 'squared paper' background I put on many of my drawings is drawn by me, not the software! I just create an extra layer on which I draw the 'square' lines and then put all other layers of the drawing in front of it.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby aussietanker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:24 am

Hi Paul .... and thanks for the welcome ....

actually i am originally from your side of the mountains - and my parents + a couple of sisters still live in Adelaide, with another sister in Whyalla ...

it's nice to see that there are a few aussies on the boards ..... i go back to adelaide occassionally so would love to hook up and have a look at your TD ... i'm kind of hoping that i can get one up and ready in time for the proposed aussie td gathering easter 07 .... i will post pics as soon as i have anything to post, at the moment its only dreams .... and ideas in my head ... but thanks for the encouragement and the warm welcome ... :thumbsup:

and just to keep the thread on track ..... thanks for that info Andrew .... i understand your comments re layers and the principle of what you have done ... but am not sure how to set it up so as to "join the dots" as your post suggests ....

if it is a simple thing to explain i am sure that i wouldn't be the only one that would love to know teh basic steps involved in doing that :D ... but if it's a "thousand step process" :shock: i am happy to continue to stumble thru on my own ... i wouldn't expect anyone to "rewrite" a software manual just to address my old fashioned need to see squares on a page instead of dots .... :embarassed:

by the way - i have looked at many of your posts and greatly appreciated the clarity and professionalism of your drawings - you must be a professional designer or engineer OOTDT ( Outside Of TearDrop Time) - i am sure that many on this forum have greatly benefitted from your many contributions over time ... i am looking fwd to learning much more from the significant number of "regulars" on this forum that seem so willing to always share their knowledge and skills ... thanks and full credit to them all :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

regards
aussie
With Kind Regards from "Down Under"
AussieTanker
aussietanker
Donating Member

CAD programs

Postby KrazyKyngeKorny » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 pm

If you want a free CAD, CADstd lite will work. It will export and import DXF and can copy raster to the clipboard.

If you want a good CAD, DeltaCAD, shareware, 45days free, then $40 to continue. Very easy to learn, and can export or import DXF or BMP.

If you want to save drawings to PDF from any Windows program, use ExpSystems PDFredirect. It is a freeware, and will export to vector PDF format.

IIf anyone needs help with any of these three programs, just email me at
raykornele(@)yahoo.com :thumbsup:
KrazyKyngeKorny
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to CAD secrets