Is Sketch up free? timer? Licence?

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Is Sketch up free? timer? Licence?

Postby BC Dave » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Hey all Caddies:

interesting 3 D applications in Sketch up.

I have downloaded Sketch up and its on a minute timer with full access to Sketch up pro for about 7 days worth of time; I haven't received a licence and thought this "Sketchup" was free; what happens when the timer runs out? where can I find a licence for free? :NC

Cheers BC Dave
BC Dave
Teardrop Master

Re: Is Sketch up free? timer? Licence?

Postby pohukai » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Sketchup is free and it looks like they allow you to use the pro version (which is not free) for the first 8 hours. I was able to do everything I need with the 'non-pro' version.
pohukai
Teardrop Master

Postby Glenn Butcher » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Just looked at their website, did you download SketchupMake or SketchupPro? Make should be free...
Glenn Butcher
Teardrop Master

Postby BC Dave » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Thanks for the replies

pohukai wrote:Sketchup is free and it looks like they allow you to use the pro version (which is not free) for the first 8 hours. I was able to do everything I need with the 'non-pro' version.

Glenn Butcher wrote:Just looked at their website, did you download SketchupMake or SketchupPro? Make should be free...

I downloaded the SketchupMake (I think ...) it auto download make & pro together; so I got SketchupPro trial and I think that what's on the trial timer for 8 hours; but the licencing info is blank ... I'll have to check the computer I downloaded it on yesterday... :twisted:

----------------------------------------------

ok I checked; the download is Sketch up Make, version 13.x; from what I gather once the timer runs out; I'll no longer have access to the pro trial version; and its on an 8 hr timer that runs when the program open ... so hopefully make is operational after the trial is over.

Cheers bc d
BC Dave
Teardrop Master

Postby OP827 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Sketchup 8 is free and it can do all is needed to build a trailer 3D model and more.
I found that latest Sketchup Make does NOT have some important features that this older version has.

US version can be downloaded from here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zxxkny5pi5xbxfw/GoogleSketchUpWEN_US.exe?token_hash=AAGBtzuGeOGzQaSb84dVkyCdSh1r_x1oIh94ex-PwjNq7Q&dl=1

I had some difficulty learning sketchup, but then I found this below website that allowed me to learn and be very productive with the sketchup in a very short time. There are good video tutorials, I really liked them - http://jayscustomcreations.com/sketchup/

I hope it will help some people who are looking to learn and use the Sketchup

Cheers!
My foldable foam trailer build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61344
OP827
Donating Member

Return to CAD secrets