design program for android tablet

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

design program for android tablet

Postby rabs » Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 am

Anyone have any recommendations for a easy to use app that can be used on an Android tablet

cheers

rabs
Happy to be Trailer Trash

There a 3 kinds of people that I don't like in this world, Those that can count and those that can't
rabs
Teardrop Advisor

Re: design program for android tablet

Postby xillaone » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm

rabs wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for a easy to use app that can be used on an Android tablet

cheers

rabs

Autocad.apk on google play store u can register and developers will even stay in contact with you, later X
xillaone
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Tablets with fingers don't have the precision of a real computer with a mouse. If you want to be serious about designing something, do it with a mouse! :D ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Henry Benner » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:36 am

I agree with Mike, any serious design work is best with a mouse. My android Nexus 7 does support a Bluetooth mouse but not all android software supports mouse input.
Henry Benner
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dales133 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:11 am

The tablets with a decent stylus should be ok shouldnt they?
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:17 pm

There's nothing wrong with pencil and paper.
It's not the road traveled nor how much you spent to get there, it's the end results that count.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GrumpyGrizzly » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm currently running my own architectural design business and after hunting high and low, I went back to Autocad on my Samsung tablet and I use a Leica Disto for measuring walls and such. The reason I use them together is for doing as-builts of existing houses to get the plans on paper, then I can use Autocad on my laptop to make whatever changes the client wants done.

With the tablet, I start the Autocad App and link my Leica via bluetooth. Then I use my finger and draw a line, take the disto and get a dimension on the wall I need to put in, and it changes the line I drew to the dimension I took.

I've got Autocad 2010 and it came with Revit and Autocad Architecture in a suite many moons ago. Nice thing about it is that it doesn't cost me $1800 a year to renew and it doesn't quit working if I don't renew it.

With all my customizations using lisp routines, I really don't see anything I'm missing out on having the latest version of Autocad. At least nothing that would have cost me upwards of $6000 to get to where I could use that new do-dad..

My Samsung Autocad App doesn't cost me anything for annual upgrades. I don't know why, maybe it's because I was involved in Beta testing but, I've never known Autodesk to pay Beta Testers with a free version once the release was final.. Not gonna complain.. Even if I had to pay to upgrade it, it's still a LOT cheaper than Autocad for my PC..
GrumpyGrizzly
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Xanthoman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:46 am

I am familiar with parametric CAD so AutoCad and Sketchup are hard for me. I am loving Onshape! It’s free for making public documents. Just state you’re a hobbyist and they should set you up with the free version. It’s fantastic and I think I will enjoy its assembly features better than SolidWorks. I’m just going through the tutorials real quick so I don’t waste time later looking for things but hope to build my teardrop model soon with it! One of the best features is that it’s entirely cloud based so any device can run it. I can’t esit much with my phone but can view things. I imagine a tablet with a mouse could do some good things. Hope that helps!
Xanthoman
Teardrop Advisor

Return to CAD secrets