Do you want to review a 2D CAD package?

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Do you want to review a 2D CAD package?

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:06 am

Does anyone want to review some 2D CAD packages and do a 1 paragraph write up on each one, and post a screenshot?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:22 am

Mike, et.al...I have been using CadStdLite for a few months now....a couple of hours and I was up to speed which I thought was great since I had never before openned a CAD program ...it is fairly easy to use, the icons are intuitive in use including balloon hints...you can generate line drawings easily and generate plan pages that can be taken and used for building...the full version, is 25 bucks and adds the capability to do cabinet projections and some other 2D stuff...one of these days I will pop for it and see how much funtionality it adds...my only beef with it is the fact that getting your scale/grid exactly like ya want it can sometimes take a try or two
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: Do you want to review a 2D CAD package?

Postby Mitheral » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:33 pm

mikeschn wrote:Does anyone want to review some 2D CAD packages and do a 1 paragraph write up on each one, and post a screenshot?

Mike...

I could do a writeup of AutoCAD 2005 or 2006 if you'd like. The retail price is wild over kill for most here but some may have access to it thru work or at educational prices. Do you want a screen shot of the progam in action including all the menus/toolbars or just the drawing screen?
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:01 pm

Actually, I had a list of cad programs that I wanted someone to look at...

Then one day a few weeks ago I looked at them all.

I just made a note to post my notes to you very soon...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to CAD secrets