Any Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway Teardroppers? Pics

Alaska

Any Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway Teardroppers? Pics

Postby ssrjim » Sat May 30, 2009 11:55 am

A little of everything

Skagway

Hubbard Glacier

Juneau

Ketchikan

Vancouver

Inside Passage


I'm headed your way soon. Very soon. Not this week but soon.

What is the absolute don't miss things in your town?
__________________
Last edited by ssrjim on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az

Postby planovet » Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 am

Ask Juneaudave, I'm sure he will have some ideas...
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
planovet
The Cat Man
 
Posts: 5580
Images: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:48 pm
Location: Plano, Texas

Postby Juneaudave » Sat May 30, 2009 11:32 pm

OMG...we have a severe weather alert for next week....

... Record heat expected for the Panhandle next week...
A weather pattern similar to the record setting event of June
2004 is forecast to set up across the Panhandle through next week
and bring plenty of sunshine and temperatures 15 to 25 degrees
above average starting Monday and continuing through Friday.

High temperatures for inland areas are expected to soar into the
80s by mid week while high temperature for coastal communities
are expected in the upper 70s.

The warm temperatures combined with low humidity will increase
the risk of fires as fuels dry out.

In addition... the unusually warm air aloft will increase snow and
glacial melt. Rivers and streams fed by glaciers and mountain
snow will rise through the week.


Faced with those prospects and assuming it lingers...I recommend...

Juneau...Tour the Mendenhall Glacier in the valley and hike Perserverance Trail
Skagway...Take the White Pass and Yukon Railway

Sportfishing and Whale watching should be excellent if you can fit them in...Dave
User avatar
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 3195
Images: 372
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:11 pm
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Top

Postby ssrjim » Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 am

Juneaudave wrote:OMG...we have a severe weather alert for next week....

... Record heat expected for the Panhandle next week...
A weather pattern similar to the record setting event of June
2004 is forecast to set up across the Panhandle through next week
and bring plenty of sunshine and temperatures 15 to 25 degrees
above average starting Monday and continuing through Friday.

High temperatures for inland areas are expected to soar into the
80s by mid week while high temperature for coastal communities
are expected in the upper 70s.

The warm temperatures combined with low humidity will increase
the risk of fires as fuels dry out.

In addition... the unusually warm air aloft will increase snow and
glacial melt. Rivers and streams fed by glaciers and mountain
snow will rise through the week.


Faced with those prospects and assuming it lingers...I recommend...

Juneau...Tour the Mendenhall Glacier in the valley and hike Perserverance Trail
Skagway...Take the White Pass and Yukon Railway

Sportfishing and Whale watching should be excellent if you can fit them in...Dave


It is a 105 here, your 80 does not scare me. I'm coming the week of the 7th.
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

2nd Trip

Postby ssrjim » Sun May 31, 2009 12:21 am

I did do the train on the last trip:


Image


Image

I did Mendenhall:


Image


Image
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

Are these any good?

Postby ssrjim » Sun May 31, 2009 11:41 pm

93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

Postby Juneaudave » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 am

Honestly...I don't know anything about any of those tours. Sounds like fun to me!!! I hope you enjoy your return visit!!!
User avatar
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 3195
Images: 372
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:11 pm
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Top

Postby ssrjim » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 am

Juneaudave wrote:Honestly...I don't know anything about any of those tours. Sounds like fun to me!!! I hope you enjoy your return visit!!!


Thanks Dave 8)
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

Postby BobR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:29 am

Jim, What NCL ship are you going on. We are scheduled on the Pearl leaving out of Seattle July 26th. Our first cruise to AK. We are really looking forward to it. Still trying to figure out what to pack :?
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
User avatar
BobR
Donating Member
 
Posts: 387
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Top

Postby ssrjim » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:27 pm

We are doing the Sun this trip. We did the Star the first time. We did the Spirt in new England.
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

Postby emiller » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Man you school teachers make alot of money. :R
User avatar
emiller
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3421
Images: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Arizona, Phoenix
Top

I wish

Postby ssrjim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 am

emiller wrote:Man you school teachers make alot of money. :R


@400 bucks I couldn't not go...

and notice no Mike...
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

Postby Juneaudave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Hey...I think I can see Jim from my office!!!! If he got here today...it was nice!!!

Image
User avatar
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 3195
Images: 372
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:11 pm
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Top

Postby ssrjim » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Hey...I think I can see Jim from my office!!!! If he got here today...it was nice!!!

Image


That is me on the far right. I'll post pictures when I get home. We are sitting at YVR waiting to go home. Have to love free wifi.
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

I see Dave

Postby ssrjim » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Hey...I think I can see Jim from my office!!!! If he got here today...it was nice!!!

Image


I see Dave in his office but it does not look like he is working.


Image
93079
User avatar
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1154
Images: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Glendale, az
Top

Next

Return to Alaska

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest