Any legislation yet on Teardrops

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

Any legislation yet on Teardrops

Postby findingcoolwater » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:28 am

I understand HUD has proposed a bill that if passed will attack the RV community essentially (taxation/restrictions) about living full time in an RV or tiny housing. Its my guess Teardrops may some day soon show up on a bill for classification into the RV world or is that just a fat chance.

Anybody else knows the fate of Teardrops, living short or full time ?
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Any legislation yet on Teardrops

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:55 am

In Washington state, and maybe in other states, a teardrop is not an RV simply because it has no bathroom, I see no need to worry.
:D Danny
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: Any legislation yet on Teardrops

Postby jondbar628 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:34 pm

This sounds like one of those persistent internet rumors. HUD has no innate interest in RV's or any other campers. Although I guess they could if you're talking about a restricted RV community financed by federal lending institutions, since then you're dealing with equal rights, etc. I can't imagine you can get an FHA or VA loan for an RV. I think this one was put out by the same people who've been waiting for those infamous black helicopters to appear on the horizon for the last 30 years :shock: .......jd
Teardrop Master

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops