Webpage for the Lil' Diner

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

Webpage for the Lil' Diner

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:00 pm

Got the trailer page started for the Lil' Diner...

http://www.mikenchell.com/lildiner/trailer.html

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:44 pm

I got the virtual walls up today... here..
http://www.mikenchell.com/lildiner/walls.html

I think the next step is the inside cabinets...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Laredo » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:51 pm

Um, Mike?
Is the 2nd posting on the revision supposed to be a picture too?
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:54 pm

If I understand your question, the 2nd posting is a link that takes you to a lil diner webpage...

Is there a picture that you're not seeing, perhaps replaced by a little x? If so, let me know...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby beverlyt » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:23 am

Mike,
I'm not sure I understand that little frame for the diner. Will it have another floor on top that is flat all the way across for the mattress when it's in the down position?
Bev
P.S. I couldn't cut the profile out myself from your website directions.. don't know how to use all those numbers you have there. :oops:
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:42 am

Hey Bev,

Actually, what happens is the table drops down to the level of the benches... a couple more boards along side of the table completes the platform for the cushions.

I'll eventually have a model of that on the Lil Diner web site...

Right now I am juggling quite a few balls...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby derekxcole » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:09 am

Why are you so afraid of people stealing your pics? I cant stand to look at your pages because everything even the background of your page has copyright stuff all over it. Its so ugly and ruins your pictures. No one is going to reproduce them its just a tear drop camper plan.
derekxcole
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TomS » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:48 pm

derekxcole wrote:Why are you so afraid of people stealing your pics? I cant stand to look at your pages because everything even the background of your page has copyright stuff all over it. Its so ugly and ruins your pictures. No one is going to reproduce them its just a tear drop camper plan.

Sadly, piracy is a problem. Specifically, some scumbag stole content from many tear drop builder's web sites, burned it onto CD's and sold those CD's on ebay as a profit making venture.

Several people here, including Mike, were victimized by this low-life. Not to mention the well-intentioned buyers of these CD's who paid for content that is available for free.

I have several travelouges on my web site. From time to time, I get email requesting permission to use one of my images. I haven't turned anyone down yet. In most cases I offer to send them original high-res image file. The only thing I ever ask in return is a photo credit and a link to my site. But, I'll be damned if I'll let anybody steal my work in order to try to make a buck off it.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby An Ol Timer » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:51 pm

A thought on copyrights. There's nobody today building teardrops or anything else that has an original idea. Everything that we do has been done or at least tried by someone before us. Our best plans are no more than a compilation of the ideas and works of those before us. About the only thing that is protected by a copyright is a person's personal pictures of his own projects and anyone can attend a rally and take his own pics. If anyone thinks otherwise remember that the last truly inventive mind was that of Leonardo da Vinci and he's been gone for quite a spell
An Ol Timer
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:51 pm

Well, just my take on it.... I don't know about plans, but if I took a pic and put it here, I'd consider it unfriendly if someone took that pic and used it to their advantage without my permission....

7 ....................
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby angib » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:54 pm

And talking of the use of other people's photos, I saved this one of a Cub/Modernaire/istic from somebody's web site:

The same picture has just appeared this evening on a British travel trailer program illustrating the history of teardrops (the whole history in about 10 seconds!) in a feature of the Tardis trailer.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby TomS » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:14 pm

An Ol Timer wrote:A thought on copyrights. There's nobody today building teardrops or anything else that has an original idea. Everything that we do has been done or at least tried by someone before us. Our best plans are no more than a compilation of the ideas and works of those before us. About the only thing that is protected by a copyright is a person's personal pictures of his own projects and anyone can attend a rally and take his own pics. If anyone thinks otherwise remember that the last truly inventive mind was that of Leonardo da Vinci and he's been gone for quite a spell

Whether the ideas and designs presented are new or old is not the point.

Folks who post photos and create tear drop build sites spend time and labor. That time and labor has value. They provide a valuable service to others and expect nothing in return. It's a real slap in the face when someone steals that content and sells it with out providing compensation to the person who produced it.

Lawyers can argue over damages and the dollar value of the content until the cows come home. But, it's stealing. And stealing is wrong. Period.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:37 pm

Thanks Tom,

My feelings exactly!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby WoodSmith » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:00 pm

mikeschn wrote:Hey Bev,

Actually, what happens is the table drops down to the level of the benches... a couple more boards along side of the table completes the platform for the cushions.

I'll eventually have a model of that on the Lil Diner web site...

Right now I am juggling quite a few balls...

Mike...

Mike,

Not to add another ball, but do the dims for the axel on the trailer page reflect the movement of the axel at Steve's? Documented here http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1635&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100 I think this was done to allow the fender to clear the door. Any idea on how it affected the balance and toung weight?

Thanks for documenting this so well. I really like this design.
Glen Smith
Build Journal
WoodSmith
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:34 am

Good point Glen,

The trailer was originally designed for the weekender. When we used it for the Lil Diner, we had to move the axle rearward to allow room for the door and the fender.

I probably should include that information on the Lil Diner page. Thanks for bringing it up.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops