Air Tight Teardrops can KILL YOU

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

Re: Air Tight Teardrops can KILL YOU

Postby joe duncan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:23 pm

The Lil Guy I bought has a nice little feature built into the window frame so you can lock them up tight or lock them about 1/4 inch open. It is nice because you can have airflow and still have a securely locked window. We had a problem the very first night we had our trailer but quickly learned
Joe & Michelle
Jamestown, Ca.
Sierra foothills / Gold country
joe duncan
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bdubz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

I address that issue in all my builds. fresh air is essential. I now use two flapper valves in the lower walls that open automatically when the roof fan is on. I installed a variable speed control for the roof fan on my last build, and when sleeping I put the fan on low which allows the lower flapper valves to crack open and draw fresh air from below, without cooling the interior temps much, also you may want to think about installing a carbon monoxide detector...
Bdubz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rowerwet » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Each room in my new foamie has a 4" round plastic louvered soffit vent near the roof on one side. It cannot be shut. Camping in the tear on nights in the 30's it was not too much or too little. On warm nights the Wiley windows will be wide open.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops