cRAIGS LIST SCAMMERS

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

Re: cRAIGS LIST SCAMMERS

Postby bherron1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:12 pm

And one good piece of advice, NEVER take a check. Its only a promise to pay and I don't take promises. As they say, in God we trust all others pay cash. I sell on Craigslist every day it works.
bherron1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rowerwet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:26 pm

I scrounge my five to six cords of firewood each year off of Craigslist. I cUT trees down and haul them away for free. Texts are the best way to communicate for that. Since it's free for me and them I'm not worried as much about danger.
I've bought and sold plenty of expensive stuff on CL, the scam I saw the most was paypal scammers.
They want to buy your item immediately, offering your asking price. Unfortunately they are on a sudden business trip, an oil rig, overseas on deployment, etc.
They first tell you the CL message system doesn't work for them, contact them at this other email.
Then they tell you they paid you on paypal, however the message might have gone to your junk mail folder. If you have Gmail it will for sure.
If you click the link to this email it takes you to a fake PayPal page. You try to log in, and now they have your password and access to your bank account.
If you suspect this, Google search for paypal, log in to the legit site, and look for a payment.
If you have the PayPal app on your phone, you will already be notified of a payment.
I specify no paypal, though I would take it if they actually showed up and really paid. Cash is king.

I always meet buyers at a gas station or macdonald's, places with cameras.
Most police departments will encourage you to meet in their lot, and even have an officer observe if you ask. Bring a gift card to a local coffee shop and the officers won't mind at all. 8)
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby haha49 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:21 am

I like the email over the phone choice. Get emails I'm coming to get it they try low balling show them 6 other people that want it. hard for them to haggle when you got a list of people wanting to pick it up offering full price. I simply send a quick reply stating someone is coming if they don't get it I will let them know they're the x number of person to want it. Cash in hand simple easy done.
haha49
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops