started at last

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

started at last

Postby miyabiryu » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:12 am

well after trawling the internet for every piece of info about teardrops i could find i took the plunge and bought a second hand chassie from ebay to start my project. got it very cheap. WHAT a deal or so i thought? befor i could get it home i had to buy a new tyre not to bad. the trailer was much to big so had to cut it dawn and reweld it then clean all the rust off and paint it the break cable had to be replaced and one of the bushes had to be replaced, morel of my story is i got what i paid for ,all in all should have looked around more i would have had to pay more but in the long run would have been cheaper.
miyabiryu
Teardrop Inspector

Re: started at last

Postby ctstaas » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey Bud,
Is it too late to sell your trailer to the next sucker that walks by and invest in steel for a real trailer that suits your needs better? I built my own frame and it was definetly easier and cheaper then dealing with someone's problem.
When I built my frame it turned out perfectly square but the plywood wasn't. I had to make some adjustments at the end.
Enjoy, Chris
ctstaas
Teardrop Master

Postby SaraJean » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:20 pm

I would LOVE to talk with you...I am trying to get my tear started as well. In your teardrop studies did you ever find how many man hours it would approximately take??
my direct email is
[email protected]
thank you for any info
you are 2 steps ahead of me!
sara
SaraJean
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ctstaas » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi Sara, If I had to reverse estimate my time I would start with my final budget. Knowing a typical project is 1/3 materials and 2/3 labor and I spent $2,000 the labor would be worth $4,000. At $20 per hour it would require 200 hours or about 5 weeks of full time work. I probably have a 4/5 time investment rather then 2/3s. The real value; priceless. I think I would sell my son first. A dollar two ninety eight.
Enjoy, Chris
ctstaas
Teardrop Master

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops