Galley Gallery Relocated Again

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 am

Well...a little less blank now....

Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 am

Dave,
That Is Sick!!! :thumbsup: :applause:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:13 am

:o Ah man now I really have to hide mine.............
Your galley is really Image
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby MsDana » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Really Nice :thumbsup:
MsDana
Teardrop Advisor

Postby MsDana » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Well...a little less blank now....

Your tear is beyond compare. It is truly a work of art. Did you you use fiberglass cloth on the sides or just epoxy or something else. The inlays are awsome. Mine is gonna be very plain in comparison. But its all good..I just dont have the time. I gotta get done with this cause ive picked up a boat to restore.. 8)

Dana
MsDana
Teardrop Advisor

Postby High Desert » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Well...a little less blank now....

and I see it's now immortalized as gallery entry #321A :thumbsup: :applause: (love those cabinet doors!)
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jackdaw » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Heres my new look galley.

Here we are with the hatch open, and the worktop stored on top of the hob/sink and lower storage area. We have a full depth storage drawer beside the 3 way fridge , a small cupboard for bottles and tined food in the middle, and the porta potty is stored in the right hand cubpoard.
The upper drawer is actually the hob controls and a gas grill;

Here's the worktop set up, and the tea , coffee and sugar canisters moved onto the new shelf on the right, giving access to the new mains electric oven/grill above the fridge.next to the oven is the bread bin, then kettle and sauce storage, a custom crockery storage unit, cutlery tray, and tumbler storage in front of the 12v management system.

I've relined the main area with Stainless steel. It goes well with the gas hob and sink unit, and matches the storage bins at the back of galley.
Below the right hand storage bins at the rear of the galley , there are two 12v 85amp hour leisure batteries and a charger. One battery last us ages, supplying power to the two 12v strip lights, the blue led soft lighting, and the water pump in the galley as well as the two strip lights , and reading lights in the cabin.
The tap is attached to a shower hose , and can be pulled out to help fill taller containers.
There's a 12v submersable pump wired through a presure switch. The pump tucks away under the trailer on a clip whilst we're traveling.
We have a grey water outlet near the pump, and both containers sit under the right hand side of the trailer when were set up. 25l of water usually does us for the weekend .
Heres a closer look.

When I first thought about building a teardrop I was planning on having a simple shelf to put a camping stove on. Then one thing lead to another.....and I got a bit carried away with using all the space availlable.
I really enjoy cooking in the trailer, and having everything at hand. :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby eieio1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Very nice! Added to Galley Gallery - 332a through c.
eieio1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rebapuck » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm

I'd like to see your custom crockery holder.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby jackdaw » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:49 pm

rebapuck wrote:I'd like to see your custom crockery holder.

Judy I'm so sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've only just seen your post. :oops: :oops:

I tried a normal crockery strage holder from a local caravan accesories place, but it took up so much room, I decided to make my own.
I used some foam insulation , carved it up to take large plates at the back then bowls and smaller plates toward the front. There's cutouts for four cups at in front of the plates. I covered it with resin to make it stronger. Everything sits in place just nicely.

I'll take some picks and post them up.

Dave
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby regis101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

Well, that was an interesting fifteen minutes. No two are alike. Wow.
Peace, Regis
Livermore, Ca
Working on Build #2
regis101
Teardrop Master

Thanks

Postby justafew » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:07 pm

The Galley-Gallery was wonderful, thank you! It helped me visualize my options and prioritize what I: need, think I must have, wish for, and can do without!

Thanks to everyone who shared their pictures and idea and to those who spend all the time posting, updating, monitoring the site.

With deepest appreciation,
Alice
Teardrop owner/builder wannabe
justafew
Teardrop Inspector

Postby frank_a » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 am

Can somebody help an old computer illiterate guy figure out how to save one or two (or three or four) of those galleries in like a jpg format?

Thanks!

Frank
Tiny travel trailer - 1979 Sunline Sunspot. Tow vehicles: 2008 Subaru AWD Outback, 2009 GMC 4WD Canyon. For fun: 1923 T bucket hot rod, 1962 Power Cat tunnel hull speed boat. 1974 Dodge Dart waiting for renovation.
frank_a
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 am

...if your PC is a Windows machine...place cursor over the pic you want and right click your mouse...choose "save image as"...you will be given choices of where to save and format to save in...............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby frank_a » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 am

This is normally what I do, but it does not work for me with these pics. When I right click I get:

Print
Settings
Global Settings
About Adobe Flash Player

And that's it. I would really like to save some of these pics for ideas, but have no clue how to proceed! And yes, I am on a Windows machine.

Thank you for any help!

Frank
Tiny travel trailer - 1979 Sunline Sunspot. Tow vehicles: 2008 Subaru AWD Outback, 2009 GMC 4WD Canyon. For fun: 1923 T bucket hot rod, 1962 Power Cat tunnel hull speed boat. 1974 Dodge Dart waiting for renovation.
frank_a
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops