basic 4 x 8 trailer

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

basic 4 x 8 trailer

Postby lee senn » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Well some time ago Harbor Freight quit selling their 4 x 8 trailer and now when I go on the Northern Tool site I get a response that indicates they no longer have the steel or aluminum 4 x 8 s for sale ( they do still have the 5 x 8 steel and aluminum ones for sale ) . So does anyone have info as to where to get affordable bolt together 4 x 8 trailers ?
lee senn
Donating Member

Re: basic 4 x 8 trailer

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:38 pm

In the other thread on the loss of the NT and HF trailers, i noted that Blains Farm and Fleet has one. I dont know how far they reach or if on line is possinle.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:47 pm

I don't see any 5x8 aluminum trailer on website anymore!

Sent from my A1-840FHD using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Wow! I was on the Northern Tool site , I think it was Thursday the 26th , and both 5 x 8 steel and aluminum where there but now are gone ? I guess both Harbor Freight and Northern Tool no longer carry trailers we can use for tears ( unless you want to pay more and cut off side rails and ramps and such ) ? Lee
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby QueticoBill » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:22 am

lee senn wrote:Wow! I was on the Northern Tool site , I think it was Thursday the 26th , and both 5 x 8 steel and aluminum where there but now are gone ? I guess both Harbor Freight and Northern Tool no longer carry trailers we can use for tears ( unless you want to pay more and cut off side rails and ramps and such ) ? Lee

I agree.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby hoppinglark » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:09 am

Isn't Harbor Freight selling their 4x8 again?

https://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lbs- ... 62647.html

(I want to build a teardrop, just not sure if I can, since I don't have a garage....)
"There is no red carpet between you and your goal!"- Gilad Janklowicz
hoppinglark
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lee senn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:06 pm

I was out of town when you posted . I inquired at the local Harbor Freight , Twin Falls Idaho , July 9th just before leaving on my trip and was told they no longer sold trailers . It is certainly possible that things changed in the interim , I certainly hope so . I went to their site and proceeded as if I were purchasing one and got no message saying they were no longer available . I was getting very close to actually purchasing one so backed off ( I'm not quite ready to purchase just yet ). Yes you can build one in your backyard ( unless you live in Seattle or some other area where rain, rain , rain is the norm ) . It would take some planning and judicious use of tarps but could be done . Go for it ! Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops