Aussie Off road camper

Lets captures all those good off road construction ideas here...

Moderator: Sonetpro

Aussie Off road camper

Postby pete.wilson » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 am

Hey

I saw this and found it interesting: :thinking:

http://www.kimberleykaravans.com/karavan/overview.php

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby magilla » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Mate
The Kimberly campers are a rugged unit that has been around for ages, they started in canvas topped camper trailers and have moved into the hard top type thing recently, They are awesome, but this is my aspiration. (second only to my own build of course)
Check out the Tvan, mmmmmm
http://www.tracktrailer.com.au/?gclid=C ... TAodbSZfCg
Colac, South West Victoria, South East Australia.
Some Aussie slang
Cans, frothies, stubbies or a pot if you are in a pub (club/bar/ale house)= beer..........Plonk = wine..........BBQ shapes = small savory biscuit to be eaten with stubbies or plonk
magilla
Teardrop Master

Postby PaulC » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Kimberly Van around 45k, Tvan around 42k. If you have the money, go for it, and then you will understand why a teardrop is better ;)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby magilla » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:19 pm

Ha Ha yes too true.
Lets just say aspiration and reality are two differant things. And that my dear Paul is why you find me here and on the Aussie build site, quietly sucking up little bits of info here and there .
Colac, South West Victoria, South East Australia.
Some Aussie slang
Cans, frothies, stubbies or a pot if you are in a pub (club/bar/ale house)= beer..........Plonk = wine..........BBQ shapes = small savory biscuit to be eaten with stubbies or plonk
magilla
Teardrop Master

Postby pete.wilson » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey

I have to be honest that the simplicity of a tear and what it offers is a great return for the money. Still...You Aussie's know how to design and build some awesome tent/trailer combo's.

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Return to Offroad Construction Secrets