The beginnings of the "Little Sport" w/pics

Lets captures all those good off road construction ideas here...

Moderator: Sonetpro

Postby 35thAV » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:39 am

Jeeper92 wrote:The saga continues. I went to breakdown the trailer yesterday and the wife convinced me not to do it. Just to fix the one i had. I thoguht about it and , shes right its in great shape inside. No mildew smell and it sleeps 6 easy, I cna tow it with my jeep (not too far) So the little sport build has been put off (yet again)
I would like some advice on fixing the one i have up.
THe hitch i have is fine but the crank to raise it is ben and not in working condition. The guy who had it before me had a nail jammed in it for the crank to catch. If I want to place a new jack on it, what am i looking at spending and is it easy to do????????

thanks yall

Thats not a bad idea either - use what ya' got! You'll be out there in no time this way.

Thats what I did. I didn't have the space to do a complete build so I found a little trailer and did a "custom job" on it .

The jack shouldn't be too difficult to fix up or replace. Personally I would look into replacing it with a new "unmodified" one to prevent you having to mess with it in the future.
1976 Westwind 13' with dual rear doors (48")Painted to match the F250 <b><i>My big little trailer!</i></b>

<b>The road takes me to the dirt, the dirt takes me to the whitewater, the whitewater takes me to the......</b>
My adventures blog:<b> http://blastshelter.blogspot.com/</b>
35thAV
Teardrop Master

Hahahh

Postby Jeeper92 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:25 pm

I jsut found this old thread
I sold the other traielr at a profit and now have an old ford pickup bed trailer
I am not sure if Im going to put a cartopper tent on the trailer or build up the trailer into a "tear" any suggestions?
Im dying over here!! Id like to have it ready for the camping season this year. Any ideas? Suggestions?
THnaks for any in advance
YOurs truly

Confused and dont know what to do
Jeeper92
500 Club

Im baaaaaaaaaaaack! haah

Postby Jeeper92 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:21 pm

I have settled on a design and have begun working on it, Im using the old ford pickup bed I have and attaching a fold out trailer tent to it. I am in need of some ideas to build a lid on it. I have no access to metal or fabrications skills with metal. I was thinking wood with a herculiner sealent over it. I jsut cant come up with how to actually construct the lid. Id like it to open to the side and have access to the whole bed. I would also like some sort of onboard electric set up. ANy sugesstions on that? A bunch of batteries? Ive attached a few pics to get any suggestions.....let me knwowhat ya think
Jeeper92
500 Club

Postby schaney » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Have you considered a two piece cover? Mounting the front portion which your folding tent unit attaches to permanently on the top of the bed. Then hinging the rear portion. 1/2 - 5/8 Baltic Birch with some 1x4 stringers should provide plenty of support.

The like roll-on bedliner material for sealing plywood in exterior applications, I use Durabak brand.
Scott
Camping the "Compact Way"
schaney
500 Club

Yes I have

Postby Jeeper92 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm

But id rather have one giant top, im going to have a ton of stuff in there and id like to have it completely open. I plan on buying the 71x94 camping lab tent, electric, water, slide out grill , radio and a ton space for storage
Jeeper92
500 Club

Postby schaney » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

I understand
Scott
Camping the "Compact Way"
schaney
500 Club

Previous

Return to Offroad Construction Secrets