Lookin for ideas

Lets captures all those good off road construction ideas here...

Moderator: Sonetpro

Lookin for ideas

Postby JGC403 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm trying to gather some ideas for a off road trailer. I want to use it for camping, hunting and fishing. I would like to be able to stand in it. It needs to be well insulated for winter hunting. I have been looking around at other builds but I just haven't found what I'm lookin for yet.

I was looking at the "New Kampmaster". But I don't know how warm it would be with the cloth sides in the fold up part.
JGC403
Teardrop Inspector

Postby crumbruiser » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:37 pm

JGC403
Check out the foamy section. I believe that 1.5 inch foam sandwiched between 2 sheets of 5mm luan would be warm and strong if the sandwich has the right kind of mustard err... :oops: bonding material. I'm thinking that some really good glue [that subject is of interest in the "Thrifty Alternatives...Building Foam TD's" thread :roll: ] and maybe a number of 1/4 inch bolts [maybe 12 per full sheet :thinking: ] with fender washers on each side would do the trick. There's a bunch of good information here as well as some REALLY NICE helpful people here!
Frank
I am not weird, I am a Limited Edition.
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000303236631
crumbruiser
Teardrop Master

Re: Lookin for ideas

Postby iSpy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 am

[quote="JGC403"] ..... I have been looking around at other builds but I just haven't found what I'm lookin for yet.

Well when you build yours ....... it will sure be original !

:lol: :lol:
iSpy
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Offroad Construction Secrets