Newbie here from southwest ohio

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie here from southwest ohio

Postby chriskoebb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:54 am

Greetings everyone! I am really stoked that I found this site. I have been scowering the forum for over a month and thought I should check in and introduce myself.

Im chriskoebb(chris) and i'm 46 , like the subject says I am near Dayton Ohio. I am an electrican by trade but for the last 19 years I have been working in the electronics field, hospital call systems, buisness phone systems , computers and networks and lighting and sound.
A few months ago I was surfing the internet and came across Teardrop trailers on Pintrest,
I was instantly struck by the design and the DIY spirit. Somehow I stumbled on a teardrop page on pintrest , then I found this forum and I was hooked! I have a deckover trailer that I had hauled ATV's on, But I can no longer ATV per Dr's order . I am going to repurpose my 7' wide by 8' long deck over into a Campster12. My wife will not tent camp but my 5 year old son loves to camp, as do I! So I have the whole family in on the project and we are all really excited about doing the project together. I'm in the tearing the
trailer apart stages and planing. I have been taking photos of what I have done so far and will post them later today.

Looking forward to this journey!

chris
"If you don't make mistakes your not doing anything"

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Re: Newbie here from southwest ohio

Postby pchast » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Welcome Chris and family.
:D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby chriskoebb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:37 pm

pchast wrote:Welcome Chris and family.
:D

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:15 am

Our Hoosier tearjerker group have a lot of great friend from the buckeye state who join us on a routine basis when we have gatherings near the Indiana Ohio line hope to see you and yours at one soon.

Bob Henry
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby chriskoebb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:58 pm

bobhenry wrote:Our Hoosier tearjerker group have a lot of great friend from the buckeye state who join us on a routine basis when we have gatherings near the Indiana Ohio line hope to see you and yours at one soon.

Bob Henry

Sound like a great plan to me! I'm looking forward to getting this project under way! :twisted:

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Welcome aboard Chris,
Building a Campster12 sounds like a great idea. Hmmm, I was just thinking, if your wife doesn't like to tent camp, a nice little trailer with a soft bed, hard sides, place to sit out of the weather may be just the ticket to get everyone together camping.
:vroom:

I am sure you already found this site -- http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t ... tear56.htm ,but if not, there is some good information for you there and on the T&TTT site -- search.php?keywords=campster12
There is a ton of information on the T&TTT site and we hope to hear how the build goes.
8)

Good luck with the build and keep the pictures coming in :pictures: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Postby chriskoebb » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:32 pm

AZ_Desert_Rat wrote:Welcome aboard Chris,
Building a Campster12 sounds like a great idea. Hmmm, I was just thinking, if your wife doesn't like to tent camp, a nice little trailer with a soft bed, hard sides, place to sit out of the weather may be just the ticket to get everyone together camping.
:vroom:

I am sure you already found this site -- http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t ... tear56.htm ,but if not, there is some good information for you there and on the T&TTT site -- search.php?keywords=campster12
There is a ton of information on the T&TTT site and we hope to hear how the build goes.
8)

Good luck with the build and keep the pictures coming in :pictures: :pictures:

Thanks, glad to be here! Installing the 220v heater in the garage this weekend so I can get to work...

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:01 am

If the weather forecasts are correct, you are going to need a heater ... especially if you are going to be warm while you work ...
:(

I just got mine finished (50,000 btu Natural Gas) and bought-off by the inspector. I just started insulating the doors yesterday (I ended up going with door kits from Menards) and should have those done today ... then, finish wiring for the power tools and outlets, insulation, paneling, roof vents, and ceiling insulation.
:hammer: :hammer:

Good luck with that heater ... we are up to about 37 so far this morning and the weather says mucho frio (very cold) starting about Monday up here through most of the week ...
:snowstorm:

Just about time you empty the buckets, it starts raining again ... :?
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Postby chriskoebb » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:35 pm

AZ_Desert_Rat wrote:If the weather forecasts are correct, you are going to need a heater ... especially if you are going to be warm while you work ...
:(

I just got mine finished (50,000 btu Natural Gas) and bought-off by the inspector. I just started insulating the doors yesterday (I ended up going with door kits from Menards) and should have those done today ... then, finish wiring for the power tools and outlets, insulation, paneling, roof vents, and ceiling insulation.
:hammer: :hammer:

Good luck with that heater ... we are up to about 37 so far this morning and the weather says mucho frio (very cold) starting about Monday up here through most of the week ...
:snowstorm:

Just about time you empty the buckets, it starts raining again ... :?

Heater check! 220 wielder outlet check! next week going to pick up the wielder. :twisted:

Were still in the 40's here . we dont get quite as cold as you get there. But we got our heaters!

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:53 pm

You might want to join Tearjerkers see under TD friendly websites above. The Buckeye chapter is as other chapters very friendly.
Teardops are as simple or elaborate as you wish to make them and your wife might be convinced with the elaborate end of things :D
We are a bit north of you up near Toledo.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby chriskoebb » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:You might want to join Tearjerkers see under TD friendly websites above. The Buckeye chapter is as other chapters very friendly.
Teardops are as simple or elaborate as you wish to make them and your wife might be convinced with the elaborate end of things :D
We are a bit north of you up near Toledo.

Excellent! Thanks for the info.I will defiantly check out Tearjerkers.Yes my wife does like her creature comforts and getting out as well so I'm guessing the
teardrop will be slightly toward the elaborate side. not to mention that I am a gadget nerd :lol:

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Postby Freedomknight » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Welcome from a fellow newbie
Freedomknight
Teardrop Inspector

Postby chriskoebb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 am

Freedomknight wrote:Welcome from a fellow newbie

thanks!

Chris
chriskoebb
Teardrop Builder

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm

If you come up to the Toledo area you would be welcome to visit. We actually had the first teardrop built by a start up company. They asked for feedback and we gave them lots and the six subsequent models included many of those suggestions, two doors, single rear galley hatch.
We asked what it would cost to make those improvements to ours, and they offered to take #1 in trade for #7, the last one they built. It included a kitchen designed by my wife and marine light fixtures (LED), a large tongue box, solar...
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves