Hello from Missouri

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Missouri

Postby Builderofstuff » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 am

New to the group, but I've been interested in building a teardrop for several years. I've mostly been spending time looking through the hall of fame since I joined trying to get a sense of what kind of teardrop that I'd like to build. I find that the more I look at the hall of fame the less sure I am of what I'd like to build. haha

I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions before I even get started, so thank you for adding me to the group.

Chris
Builderofstuff
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Missouri

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:03 pm

I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions ...

Bring it on. :beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Re: Hello from Missouri

Postby Builderofstuff » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:07 am

I've been spending a lot of time looking at the hall of fame trying to get a real sense of what I'd like to build. I want to be able to sit in my trailer and eat and work on the computer when the weathers bad without having to sit on the bed as that makes my back hurt when I try and sit on the bed for a good while. I also want to have room for a porta-potty so my wife doesn't have to venture to the restrooms in the middle of the night if the need arises. Any suggestions on a design that's out there?

About a year ago I bought a set of plans from Glen-L for one of their 16 foot travel trailers, but it seemed overly complicated for what we need in the sense that it was built just like a commercial trailer of the 70's, which is cool, but as I looked over the plans the dollar signs just kept flashing through my head when I started thinking about all the windows, siding, appliances, etc.

Chris
Builderofstuff
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves