Hi from Queensland Australia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from Queensland Australia

Postby Mr_k QLD » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 am

Hi every body Im Adrian

I have lived in Queensland Australia for about 7 years this time and about 5 yrs before a sort stay in a colder part of Australia

In Queensland we have great weather most of the year in some part of it

My wife and I have 4 kids 16, 14, 3 & 2 so we don't get much time away to ourselves after looking at teardrods on the internet we decided that these would be great for an over night get away as we have built in baby sitters

To buy or build well that was easy if we build it we get what we want!!!

What type of teardrop Hmmmmmmm I really like woodies with Ally roofs however after looking on here i really like full polished ally teardrops

Now before I go to much further I would like to thank a couple of people

first Mike Schneider I found your plans for building a generic benroy MMMate these plans are fantastic! :thumbsup:

I recon if follow these plans I'm going to have a lot of fun building my teardrop with out any problems

Secondly I also found the trailer frame building tutorial by Rich & Doug

You guys have done a really great job in explaining how to build a frame for teardrops so I would like to thank you for putting to gether this tutorial as it will save me a LOT of time :applause:

I feel that doing the aluminium roof may be a bit of a challenge however after looking on here Im sure I will find plenty of help

Well Im looking forward to meeting more people who have the same intrest's as my wife and I hope the in the future I maybe able to help some other newbie that comes on here

Kind regards
Adrian K
Mr_k QLD
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:02 am

Welcome the the forum.
Looks like you still in the thinking stage.
Look and plan and build.
Welcome to the group Adrian.

:applause:

Enjoy and enlist the family to help in the build and make it a family project.

;)

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mike C. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 am

Hi Adrian & wife,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the design you are looking for and get in with he rest of us and have fun. :thumbsup:

See you around. :)
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby PaulC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:08 am

Hi Adrian, I'm not sure if I've welcomed you on the Aussie TD forum but I'll do it here ;) Welcome to the obsession, Mate.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:21 am

to the playground Adrian. Building can be as fun as camping if you make enough mess.

We have a thing for pictures here so expect to be nagged or pay up. :R Keeps the bubble oil level. ;)

Enjoy :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:40 pm

Hey Adrian,

Welcome to the forum.

Glad you found the Benroy plans and the trailer plans. Doing an aluminum roof is easy too. The trick is to capture the aluminum underneath some angle that you've bent around the edges.

Take a look at some of the aluminum trailer pictures in the HOF. You'll see what I mean. And if your aluminum isn't long enough, then you'll have to use rivets or screws to hold it down at the seam.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Welcome

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:44 pm

:) G'day to you Adrian, and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've been around the site a few times and are getting the feel for it. Wishing you and the missus/family some great times in the completed Teardrop.
The one place I have not yet gone to dive, and I plan to do it before I can't anymore (too old or dead) is the beautiful Barrier Reef. So perhaps our paths will cross someday. Check out the website link below for a chance to see what my neck of the woods looks like, and of course, if you ever get to Northern California, come by for a visit.

Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves