~ How to post pictures ~

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

~ How to post pictures ~

Postby madjack » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:42 pm

...we love da pics here so here is some info for ya....
1) we prefer the pics be no larger than 640x480 pixels and saved at 72dpi(lo-res)...this helps those on dial-up not to have too wait as long to view and wont affect quality for web posting

2) if your PC is running Windows XP click here scroll down to "image resizer" and install. This will give your MOUSE right click capabilities to resize any pic on your PC

3) if you are running anything besides Windows XP click here download and install the .exe file...Irfanview is a small footprint program that does a number of editing jobs including batch processing of resizing pics...a tutorial is included on the site

4) your pics have to be hosted online to be able to post them here...an album was created for you on this site to host these picture...if you look at the top of this page you will see "Help With Photos"...click on it for complete instructions on how to do this...our friend BG has also provided a place to do the same...it can be accessed at the top of this page as well at www.teardrops.us.

It really is simple...play around with the feature and you will find it is not hard at all, so post away...pics of your ideas/plans/you/wife/kids/pets/cars/house/yard/neighbor...'cause we really do luv da pics :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

pics

Postby BnTRanch » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:06 am

if a link is attached to pics your site does not get so jammed right?
unless you have no storage problems that is
BnTRanch
Platinum Donating Member

Postby reiltear » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:59 pm

Thanks MadJack!

My best friend swears by Irfanview. I use photoshop myself

Happy New Year! ;) :wine party:
reiltear
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:09 pm

BnT....yes and yes

reiltear...I use Photoshop as well but Irfanview is hard to beat for quick resizing(batch or single) and renaming...the picture resizer form Microsoft power tools is also a good quickie for resizing (batch or otherwise).........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu May 17, 2007 9:31 pm

and for Mac .... any free software ?

I am about to get lightroom by adobie .... had to save up for that one.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Thu May 17, 2007 11:36 pm

Just found this one recently. If you read this page an do as it says you won't find and easier resizer. This is really cool, easy to use and FREE.

Resizer
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Tallguy3578 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:37 pm

I have a question that might fall along the lines of this topic. How can I place an image in my signature for my posts?

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.
Tallguy3578
Teardrop Master

Help!

Postby tearhead » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:27 pm

I took several pictures, downloaded the recommended software, and resized the pictures, saving them in the new size. They didn't need cropping so I skipped that step, and filed them to my desktop, sized as recommended, and at 72. When I attempt to upload them into my gallery I get the message, "Your file is too large or corrupted." They look fine on my screen. Any suggestions?
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Help!

Postby Kevin A » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 pm

tearhead wrote:I took several pictures, downloaded the recommended software, and resized the pictures, saving them in the new size. They didn't need cropping so I skipped that step, and filed them to my desktop, sized as recommended, and at 72. When I attempt to upload them into my gallery I get the message, "Your file is too large or corrupted." They look fine on my screen. Any suggestions?

The pics need to be 820 pixels wide x 652 pixels high or less, (I usually size them to 750 pixels wide by 560 or so) and less then 360,000kb in size. I've had the same message you got when the files were larger than the 360,000KB even though dimensionally they were ok.
Also, they have to be jpg, gif or png files. If you still can't get them to load, e-mail one of them to me and I'll see if I can help.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby bve » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:47 pm

On Linux and Mac 'gd' or 'imagemagic' work however both are command line apps. Mirage is what I use on Linux it actually provides a viewer and uses either imagemagic or gd to do the heavy lifting - all support batch resizing.
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

They are!

Postby tearhead » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:57 am

I just checked the properties. The photo I tried to upload is JPEG, 400 by 300 pixels, 72 by 72 DPI, and 316.6 KB. So it seems like the gallery should accept it, but it didn't. I did use the Irfan program for the resizing, which seemed to work slick until I tried to put them in the gallery.

Thanks for the offer to send it to you--I will! I had made simple roll-up window shades for the tear and wanted to post pics of them.

Pat :thinking:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bve » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:46 pm

With JPEG's it could be as simple as the file extension. Some software saves as picture.jpg vs picture.jpeg.

I'm not sure if the forum recognizes both as acceptable?
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

I am in error

Postby tearhead » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 pm

I went in and checked now and the pre-downsized versions are JPG but the new smallerized ones are BMP. I imagine that must have something to do with why they won't post? I'll see if I can save them as JPG.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Eureka!

Postby tearhead » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 pm

That was the problem! Did a save as and selected jpg and renamed them and they uploaded fine. I hadn't caught on the that the Irfan had saved them in a different format. Maybe this will help others. Thanks to those who helped me figure this out!
Pat
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

BMP files

Postby MUhunters » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Anyone know a way to convert bmp files to jpeg. Save As does not come up as a choice. These are pics from a email :cry:
MUhunters
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves