long time lurker

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

long time lurker

Postby BillyLandry » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:09 pm

Hi Ya'll My name is Billy Landry. I have been lurking on this interesting site a long time. The only thing I do on the computer now is read this forum and go delete email. I am the owner of a 25 foot pull camper, but I am going to sell it. I am really interested in building a tear drop shape trailer. I want something that I can hook up easily and fast so that i can get away quick when a hurricane is coming. we usually go to Claborne State Park in North Louisiana. In the past I have restored a 13' Scotty and I also built a small truck cover camper. I would use these to go hunting in North Louisiana. My wife and I have mom a and pop sign shop. We are located in Franklin, LA.
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:24 pm

Billy, good to see ya finally come out into the light, I know you have been lurking for awhile but didn't realize till now that you hadn't posted before....If I can be of any help to ya, let me know....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby BillyLandry » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:32 pm

Thanks MJ I know you are from Louisiana and I probably passed through your city heading toward the north. One thing I have noticed there are not to many from Louisiana that has Teardrops.
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 pm

BL, I know of around half dozen or so on the board and another couple that doesn't do the board...so there are a couple of us around...and yeah, ya gotta pass thru here to get to Claiborne...we are planning a late Oct campout possibly at Lake Bisteneau near Shreveport, hoping to draw some of the other fine SouthCentral folks from Tx, OK, AR...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Juneaudave » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:09 pm

Billy...Welcome...I'm pretty new here too. I've found everyone to be really nice. We had a pop-up, then a 25 footer when the kids were young, and now we're building a Tear (our way) as soon-to-be empty nesters. I think we can learn alot together as the builds progress.

Some words of advise...First off...watch out for the regulars on this board!!! You'll find out why.

When you see a thread being hijacked...give it up, mark it as read.

When someone takes a shot at you...they understand and expect that your likely to fire back...so don't feel bad about a legitimate disagreement

Watch out for the off-topic category, if your sensitive or have very strong feelings on anything ranging from International issues or NASCAR, you may suddenly fell the urge to "Write a letter to the Editor"

Never, ever, go into a lengthy conversation with many posts on the eletrical section....it's probably three or four guys arguing about how to splice a 12 v wire...very entertaining though.

And finally...everyone here wants you to build the Tear the way you want it. Don't be concerned about borrowing ideas (but give credit to the originator). This board is kind of a spawning ground for invention, personalization and experimentation...

Good luck!!!!
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Ira » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:23 pm

Juneaudave wrote:.First off...watch out for the regulars on this board!!! You'll find out why.

Them's fighting words!
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Thanks

Postby BillyLandry » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome Juneau Dave. Like I said I have been lurking for a long time, so I am in the know on what most of the members post. I really enjoy reading all the post. I have not been posting, just starting to.
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Ira's Tear Drop

Postby BillyLandry » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:01 pm

Ira I like your Tear Drop----Great theme.
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Thats my dad

Postby mrchip34 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:12 pm

Hey daddy,
thought that I would drop in and say hey and let you know that i am ready for the camp out next weekend. :D
Love yall chip
mrchip34
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rarin2go » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:29 pm

It sounds like you are about ready to start a build. Enjoy the time, and build to your desires. Good luck!!!
Living today and planning for tomorrow.
TnT in Tennessee.
Rarin2go
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves