An introduction

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

An introduction

Postby flyfish426 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:31 am

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a teacher for the Department of Defense at Camp Lejeune, NC. Married with no kids so, a teardrop is just perfect for camping and travelling. Been interested in building a teardrop for several years but just started building one this summer. It's been so hot lately, that I haven't worked on it like I wanted.

All of the information has been very helpful and I have really enjoyed looking over the forum everyday. Thanks for the help and good advice.
flyfish426
Teardrop Inspector

Re: An introduction

Postby Joanne » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Hi Mr. Fly....or is that Mr. Fish? Anyway, glad that you found you way here. As you said, the forum is a great source of ideas, information and inspiration. I didn't notice if you have posted pictures, but be sure to if not! We want to keep MadJack not Mad. Camp Lejeune doesn't sound like a summer camp for kids. I'll guess you aren't teaching arts and crafts. :lol:

Joanne

flyfish426 wrote:Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a teacher for the Department of Defense at Camp Lejeune, NC. Married with no kids so, a teardrop is just perfect for camping and travelling. Been interested in building a teardrop for several years but just started building one this summer. It's been so hot lately, that I haven't worked on it like I wanted.

All of the information has been very helpful and I have really enjoyed looking over the forum everyday. Thanks for the help and good advice.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:19 pm

8) Teacher for the department of defense huh. I promise to not make any bad jokes. Mostly because I'm distracted and can't think of any. :lol:

Welcome
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jklittleguy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:52 pm

hey from the littleguys, welcome
Justin Kicos
After Market Manager
Shipping/receiving
www.golittleguy.com
jklittleguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby MarksMG » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Hey flyfish welcome and enjoy your stay (it can not just be a visit). We vacation on Topsail Island every year and love that area. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Can we build it? Yes we can!" Bob The Builder
MarksMG
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:22 pm

Welcome Aboard!!! Be sure to find a fellow teardropper or a campout around you soon!!! There's NOTHING like seeing one in person to know the true teardrop experience!

There's one this weekend in fact up at the North / South meet. Then one in the fall at Davidson River.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Namsayn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:04 pm

From one flyfisher to another, welcome! Haven't spent enough time flycasting lately due to personal circumstances but wish I had. Got caught up in ww kayaking to the point of not finding time to fish but recently bought Lefty Kreh's book and got my flyrod out for practicing in the backyard. When I bought my t/d from Steve Frederick in upstate NY, I took the opportunity to spend a day on the Au Sable River. Hooked one nice sized brown which was a trick on such a windy, sunny day.
If you are big into the "fly" be sure to look for Lefty's latest book.
Randy
Namsayn
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves