Hello...........started my built this summer

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello...........started my built this summer

Postby b.bodemer » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Wow.........this new forum is great for newbies.

I started my build this summer and thanks to MJ's help and advice with posting pics I now have plenty added to my album.

I'm from Lakewood Ohio, have my own dog training business and have been camping and kayaking for quite a while and dreamed of building a teardrop for the last year and a half. Hey, did I tell you that dreams come true? With the help of an awesome friend who's retired I am well on my way............

All the forums available, along with my buddy Bill's help and encouragement, have proved so valuable. I visit often the various forums to get help when I go on to each new step.

Barb and Ocoee
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby AmyH » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Welcome aboard Barb! :thumbsup: From the look of the pics in your gallery, you are pretty close to being finished! :applause: Looking really good. BTW, your friend has an amazing collection of wooden kayaks!

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:40 pm

Welcome Barb. I hope I said that before because I have enjoyed you pictures.

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:53 am

Amy and Miriam,
The top boat that Bill built was from plans he purhcased and was a cedar strip..........it is beautiful. The strips were 3/4". He enlarged the cockpit since he is so tall for ease of getting in and out.

Last night we glued in the toughest bend in the front over the 24" radius. Thank goodness Bill's wife was there again to lend a third set of hands. The grain in this birch is beautiful. Believe it or not the 1/4" birch held a nice bend after we left it up there before I left for vacation. The heat, and the recent vacation to NY, put a hold on things so it was fun to get the first piece glued into place for the roof.

I'd like to say I'm about half way........at least close to that.

Still having lots of fun and appreciate everyones support from this board.
Thanks again Amy and Miriam.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves