HELLO FROM OZ

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

HELLO FROM OZ

Postby banjoman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:39 pm

hi my name is jason or better known as banjo as i am learning to play 5 string banjobadly i must say but i enjoy it .i am from newcastle new south wales just a couple of hours north of SYDNEY. i am a diesel mechanic & luv to go bush. i was going to buy myself a camper trailer but after the shock of the prices i have decided to have a go at a tear drop that will go offroad plus suit my family of four two young kids plus the grown ups.i came across this site by chance had a look & luved it throught i would join & have been real busy reading as much as i can.i am looking forward to looking at all the pics so as can get lots of ideas..i would luv to hear from as many of you good people with advise & ideas with replies to this or by contacting me threw email as i would like to make like minded friends along the way..so i am looking forward to hearing from use all THANX JASON & FAMILY...PS GREAT SITE.. :cheerswine: :awesome:
banjoman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:59 pm

Welcome Jason and Family,
Check out the forum for off roading. Hope you find what you are looking for. We feed T/TTT addictions here and encourage excesses.

However our second addiction is pictures. Lots of pictures, and we have a Mad enforcer. :lol:

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby PaulC » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Hi Jason, Glad to hear that the "trouble and strife" and the "Tin lids" are as interested as you in this addiction. :thumbsup: Ask away and get used to sending photos for all of us.
If you are interested in offroad, Mike has just set up an Offroad section on the forum. Early days yet but a lot of info will be posted there.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
"Croweater"
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Sonetpro » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:19 pm

Welcome Jason,
There's a few aussies on here too. Have fun with your build. But remember the pic's, PaulC lives down under too and he gets cranky without them.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby PaulC » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:24 pm

Sonetpro wrote:Welcome Jason,
There's a few aussies on here too. Have fun with your build. But remember the pic's, PaulC lives down under too and he gets cranky without them.

Me................... :x More likely :?

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Steve 8)
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Loader » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:30 am

Welcome Jason. Look forward to see how your build goes! Any idea as to what sytle you plan to build?

I was able to spend about a month in Newcastle, back in 1995. Went there on a USAF detachment (TDY). Our squadron was working and flying with 3 Squadron from RAAF Williamstown.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby peggyearlchris » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:47 pm

:thumbsup: howdy from Texas Jason and family.Glad to see you on the form.I was going to work on my tear today but it's so hot out there. Maybe by 5 p.m. it will be better. Take care :) :) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Chris C » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:54 pm

Banjoman,

G'day mate! (I"ve always wanted to say that!) :lol: Glad to have you aboard. I'm a banjo picker........or used to be. Build a nice teardrop and go bush and sit and play to your hearts content. Out there no-one will care if you play well or not! :roll:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:50 pm

Jason, welcome up...like has been said, WE CRAVE PICS...it is what we charge for all the info(and then some) that you can use...be sure and contact PaulC, not only is he down under grilling drop bears and such but is actively doing what you are dreaming about..have fun.......
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:33 pm

Jason, build yourself a great little tear, hit the open road, and Bob's your uncle..!!/g/g/
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby jock » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:38 am

Welcome from down south in Bendigo.
Jock
jock
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves