New Builder From Central California

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New Builder From Central California

Postby caryeastwood » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:50 am

Hi there. I was turned on to Teardrop trailers by a co-worker that has build a couple. I'm glad there is a resouce like this for people to go to and get information. I was able to go back to January and find listings. I could have gone back more, but who has the time? :crazy: I'm glad for the hall of fame so I can get some ideas (IE leach) from other builders. I'm going to be asking alot of questions, so get ready.

My plans for now are that I'm going to get a Harbor Freight 60X96 trailer. The reason is that I want to put a queen size mattress inside (single now, but looking :worship: 8) ). Has anybody used this trailer? How is the axle placement (move it back?). Also, thinking about using HERCULINER to coat the bottom of the trailer. Any sugestions?

Going to post progress pic's on yahoo. Will let you know when.
caryeastwood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chris C » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:12 am

Welcome to the nuthouse..................oops :oops: er, I mean adult daycare center! :lol:

Glad to have another convert on the forum.

As far as suggestions, Hurculiner is extremely expensive and most people have found Henry's 107, which is an asphalt emulsion sealer, works extremely well and doesn't cost a lot of big bucks.

By the way, thanks for joining the group and saving me from having to make my long-winded speech about using a personal picture as your avatar. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby madjack » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:40 am

Welcome Cary...using the Herky liner is a fine but expensive way to go...it is kinda like going after an ant witha sledgehammer...an asphalt emulsion like Chris referred to or several coats of good paint or like we did, several coats of a good outdoor based polyurethane will do just about as well.......the HF frames are good cheap alternatives to a custom built frame....axle placement will haveta wait on what you have in your finished design since there are many variables that have an affect on axle placement....look over the Generic Benroy plans and look in the Design Library for an axle placement spreadsheet...have fun and we will be on the lookout for those pics...we luv 'em ya know :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:12 pm

Welcome Cary,
There are several singles here and if you are in the mood to move to Missouri, have a good job and be a saint I have a daughter I could pawn off. :lol: She's gonna kill me. :oops:

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:26 pm

Cary -- welcome...! You've found a wealth of information here at this site, and some great encouragement I've found out thru my build.
Then when you go camping, whether in a tent or your own teardrop -- you'll make new friends!

I'm single , and am glad to have people to go camping with --- it's way more fun too around the dinner table or the campfire nights !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby alaska teardrop » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:08 pm

:shake hands: Welcome Cary,
    Judging from your location, you may want to make your new trailer earthquake proof. :lol:
Miriam C. wrote:There are several singles here and if you are in the mood to move to Missouri, have a good job and be a saint I have a daughter I could pawn off. :lol: She's gonna kill me. :oops:

Aunti M
I'm single , and am glad to have people to go camping with --- it's way more fun too around the dinner table or the campfire nights !

Julie
    Auntie M & Julie,
    Do you suppose that we should have a 'singles' section on the T&TTT board? ;) :roll: :lol:
    Fred :peace:
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:03 pm

alaska teardrop wrote:
    :shake hands: Welcome Cary,
    Judging from your location, you may want to make your new trailer earthquake proof. :lol:
Miriam C. wrote:There are several singles here and if you are in the mood to move to Missouri, have a good job and be a saint I have a daughter I could pawn off. :lol: She's gonna kill me. :oops:

Aunti M

Julie
    Auntie M & Julie,
    Do you suppose that we should have a 'singles' section on the T&TTT board? ;) :roll: :lol:

Sure Fred,
I'll be house mom or aunti. 8) Now yaull behave. You know what they say about common obsessions and addictions and likes and interest and hUMMM.

Do you like to fish. My daughter love to fish.
Aunti M
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby alaska teardrop » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:51 pm

Aunti M wrote:
    Do you like to fish. My daughter loves to fish.
    :lol: Of course! But would your daughter want to live in a cabin without running water at 40* below with a man older than her mother? :shock: :? :lol:
    P.S. Does she ski & like dogs? :snow
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Italia » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:00 pm

Hey Cary,
I know where Coalinga is, my grandson lives out there. We go out to visit once in awhile (when it's not HOT!). Have a great time building your tear.

Italia
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby caryeastwood » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:57 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Welcome Cary,
There are several singles here and if you are in the mood to move to Missouri, have a good job and be a saint I have a daughter I could pawn off. :lol: She's gonna kill me. :oops:

Aunti M

Was in Ft. Leonardwood in 1990 for training. Was in the winter. Had one day the high temp was set at 7:00 am. Had a radio station on and was lissining to the DJ call out the temps and temps dropped by 30+ in 20 minutes. Was able to track the cold line on a state road map. :snow

Got any County Jails, state pen's or Mental Hospitals around? I have exprience there :o :crazy:

Working there not a guest :rofl:
caryeastwood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cary Winch » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:58 pm

Welcome aboard. I guess we will have to stop and think which Cary we are referring too now!

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Henry » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:44 pm

I was at Lost in the Woods in 81, ever get out to the Million Dollar Hole-I was a 12F- Ran CEV's and AVLB's What did you train on?
Henry
Teardrop Builder

Postby TomS » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:56 pm

I took basic training at "Lost in the Woods, Misery" from June to August of '79. That was the hottest damn summer of my entire life.

All through my high school years I had the White Man's Afro (It was a 70's thing. You had to be there.). The Army cut all that hair off. So, my poor ears, that hadn't seen the Sun for over 4 years. They go horribly sun burnt. :sweaty:
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:30 pm

caryeastwood wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:Welcome Cary,

Aunti M

Was in Ft. Leonardwood in 1990 for training. Was in the winter. Had one day the high temp was set at 7:00 am. Had a radio station on and was lissining to the DJ call out the temps and temps dropped by 30+ in 20 minutes. Was able to track the cold line on a state road map. :snow

Got any County Jails, state pen's or Mental Hospitals around? I have exprience there :o :crazy:

Working there not a guest :rofl:

:rofl2:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Ft. Lost in the woods

Postby caryeastwood » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:15 am

Henry wrote:I was at Lost in the Woods in 81, ever get out to the Million Dollar Hole-I was a 12F- Ran CEV's and AVLB's What did you train on?

I was there in 90 to train as a 88M (truck driver). 6 weeks there then it was on the 747-400 (second ever long distance flight for that bird, first one delivered from Boeing to a carrier) to South Korea.
caryeastwood
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves