Formal Introduction

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Formal Introduction

Postby mincey » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:01 pm

I don't think I ever properly introduced ourselves. I have been more of a lurker, but have starting posting more lately. We are Randall and Cheryl from Gainesville, GA, just north of Atlanta. We are truly a "geek" couple - we met on matchmaker.com, and got married in August 2004 on a glacier in Alaska. We don't have kids unless you count our blended family of five dogs.

I found this forum last summer when doing research on teardrops. I, as well as many others, first heard about teardrops from the show on the Travel Channel and I became intrigued and started my research. I am not handy and my hubby doesn't have the time to build, so I nearly bought a Camp Inn. But then hubby said he wanted just a tad more room and to be able to stand up inside. I then found the T@B, and they had just come out with the clamshell floorplan, which has the outdoor galley under the hatch like teardrops. So we were sold! Bought our T@B clam last Sept and have been having a ball! We are taking a break from camping in the summer heat, and are planning our fall trips already. Hope to meet some folks from here soon!!

For Mad Jack and others who love the pics, click on the www button below to go to our online photo albums.

Cheryl
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Postby Chris C » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:08 pm

Glad to have you two on the forum. Don't have too many T@B trailers here, but you are welcome. :thumbsup:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:08 am

Welcome Cheryl and Randall,

The Tab is a nice trailer. Do you have the aluminum exterior, or the filon one. Or gasp, the alufiber one?

Too hot for you to camp right now? Add an a/c. I added one to mine when I had it. See the pictures here...

http://www.mikenchell.com/TAB/index2.html

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mincey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:20 am

Mike -

We have the alufiber skin, and so far it has been great. T@B no longer makes the aluminum or fiberglass units. They have gone completely alufiber. We do have the CoolCat A/C, but the summers here in the southeast are very hot and humid, and this summer seems especially humid! Hubby told me when we bought it that he would not camp in the summer. He detests the heat and really does not enjoy being out in it. His favorite seasons are fall and winter, and mine is spring. So to make us both happy, we will only camp when we enjoy being out in it!

Cheryl
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Postby cracker39 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:12 am

Welcome. In the late 60s and early 70s, I used to camp north of you at Andrew's Cove. I drove through Gainesville going and coming from central FL. Nice area. Have you thought of making it to our Anastasia gathering in Nov.?
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mincey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:04 am

Dale -
I saw that gathering and was very interested. I haven't spent much time in Florida and this sounds like a nice area. But that weekend is already booked. There are only two weekends this year for WMA (Wildlife Management Area) hunts, and the weekend of the Anastasia weekend is the same as one of the hunting weekends. I had promised hubby I wouldn't make any reservations for those two weekends. So I will have to miss that gathering.
:cry:
Darn all this scheduling!!! LOL
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves