TTT Dreamer in New Jersey

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

TTT Dreamer in New Jersey

Postby agpage » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:10 pm

I came across this site just over a year ago while looking for RV plans. I decided that this type of trailer would fit my needs very well. I am mostly a lurker, but this is my 11th post.

Right now I am looking at all of the larger designs and trying to see what fits in 1500 lbs. I plan on doing mostly short weekend camping. I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old and would like a design with room for four. It would be nice to have a camping solution that can fit in the garage, and not cost $$$$$$$$ to move around. I also really like building things myself.

I live in New Jersey and work in the IT department of Rutgers University

This has been a great community.
(And yes, I’ll post pictures when I start :D )

Andrew Page
agpage
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:33 pm

Well you got here first but hello and welcome. If you want it in the garage better measure first. Mine will barely go in and maybe not after I put the vent on. :( See the opener is sticking down.

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Chris C » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:01 pm

Welcome to the asylum, Andrew. Good lookin' youngin' ya got there! Glad to have you aboard. Start plannin' and savin' and you'll make it. Lots to learn here.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Nytewyng » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:17 pm

Again Andrew welcome aboard , check the plans section someone has a nice setup with bunks for the kids and room for you and the mrs. Start makin sawdust , weekend fall camping at Spruce Run in Clinto NJ coming up, love to see you there.......only 25 miles from Woodbridge :thumbsup:
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby EZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:48 am

Hi Andrew,

You might want to check out my Album only because my camper is 8 X 4 X 5 1/2 wide to sleep 2 adults and 2 kids. There is no galley due to this requirement. A fold down bunk/couch makes beds for the kids. I am trying to build light and inexpensive. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

Ed
EZ
Donating Member

4 feet

Postby agpage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:15 pm

EZ, At 4 feet high, how do the kids like the binks. I was figuing I'd need 5 feet to make it work.

The work looks good. I'll be curious to hear a first trip report. Hopefull from the kids too!

My plan was to go a bit bigger. I want the galley. Currently I am planing on he inside being sleep only.

I figure if the weather looks bad, I won't go.

Andrew Page
agpage
Donating Member

Postby goldcoop » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:32 pm

Nytewyng wrote:Again Andrew welcome aboard , check the plans section someone has a nice setup with bunks for the kids and room for you and the mrs. Start makin sawdust , weekend fall camping at Spruce Run in Clinto NJ coming up, love to see you there.......only 25 miles from Woodbridge :thumbsup:

Correction!

Liberty Bell Chapter Fall Foliage Trip

Since the closing of one of our favorite Parks, Bulls Island, The
Liberty Bell Chapters Fall Foliage Trip will be held Columbus day
weekend October 6-7 (the same weekend its always been) at Parvin State
Park. in Pittsgrove NJ.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandfore ... arvin.html

Come check it out, I'll be there with my C'Tear. It is 5'hx10'lx6'w, we sleep 4!

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

welcome from a fellow jersian

Postby brian_nj2006 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:23 pm

I am just getting started myself but my plan is for a TTT that will sleep 2 adults a 7 year old and a 2 year old. The kids will be in bunks and me and the wife get the queen size.
Facta Non Verba
brian_nj2006
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves