I got the fever

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

I got the fever

Postby Mike O. » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:33 pm

Tear drop fever. :)

I'm Mike from Baldwinsville, New York. I'm a Plumber/Pipefitter by trade. I've been lurking here for about a month now. I saw THE show, got hooked. I thought a Tear would be the perfect solution to two of my biggest problems. My tow vehicle is a 2wd Chevy S-10 and my wife refuses to camp in a tent anymore. (She's been there done that) She now likes the hotel/motel route of travel. What I don't like about a motel is the pesky smoke detector keeps going off everytime I try to build a campfire in the room. ;) I hate when that happens. :lol:

I'm definately hooked. I just bought the Kuffel Creek plans. Both of them. I'm still deciding which one to build. After lurking here I've decided to go 5' wide. Still not sure on the length. Leaning toward 10'. Still getting lots of ideas from this site.

The build will most likely take a while. Like you people say; I'm on teardrop time. Trouble is I've been on teardrop time before I ever heard of teardrops. Been buliding my house for 18 years now and it's almost done!

I'm sure when I start the build I will have some questions. But for now I'll keep lurking and getting ideas and maybe make a comment or two.

Mike

PS I made sure I created an avatar and posted some pics in my album to keep Chris and MJ off my back. :thumbsup:
Mike O.
Teardrop Inspector

Re: I got the fever

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:44 pm

Mike O. wrote:PS I made sure I created an avatar and posted some pics in my album to keep Chris and MJ off my back. :thumbsup:

Welcome Mike, you may be the smartest man to ever join...that Chris can be wicked bad :D :lol: ;) as to TD time...my house is almost 60 yrs old, it started as a barn my Dad built to store stuff in while he built "the HOUSE"...it's 60 yrs since then and still living in the "BARN"...only now it's my turn to finish it....(yeah, right)...have fun, take your time and we will be here when ya need us...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:44 pm

Mike O.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've been lurking plenty long, since you've already got MJ and Chris C. taken care of.

Did you know we have another Mike O.? He's building a Superleggra. So you're toying with Kevin's plans. Any customizations planned?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby sid » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:46 pm

Welcome aboard Mike.

That's a fine looking barn. Is that where the build will take place?

We just finished a 4x8 Kuffle Creek Cubby. Plans are pretty good, even though we changed several things.

Enjoy your build. :hammer:
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 pm

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Sounds like you're "our kinda people"! :lol: Good luck on your project. (now see, I'm not so bad, Madjack)
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Mike O. » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 pm

Yep, the barn is where most of the build will happen.

Mike, as far as customizations, I refer to plans as general guidelines. They're not written in stone. I know I'll be changing things to suit me (and my wife) :)

Getting back to TD time. The barn I built (see pic in album) took me two summers to build and part of one winter. The only help I had was my daughter, she helped me set the posts, and my wife with the painting. The rest of the project was all me. It was a fun job. Got done how I wanted, when I wanted. Instead of like my real job, how the engineer wants it done, and when he wants it done. I hate deadlines. :x

This teardrop project is going to be another fun job. :woohoo:

Mike

PS Chris, I'll try to come up with a better pic for my avatar. It looks better on my 'puter than it does online. ;)
Mike O.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby doug hodder » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:07 pm

Welcome aboard Mike...you'll have a good time with your build...I've built 2 off the Kuffle Creek plans both 10'ers...betcha can't build just one!!! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby peggyearlchris » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 pm

:applause: :applause: Welcome there Mike. Really nice group of people here. They always have the right answers. Have fun :D :D Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby jdarkoregon » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:58 pm

Mike, Welcome to, well call it what you want, but you'll always want more, Enjoy the information, The place is a hoot.

John

Oh, and as far as the plans not being in Stone, Maybe you could make one out of stone, the tears are being made out of every thing under the sun. We all would love to see your work, Heck, I would love to see my work, but i'm stalled. :cry: :cry:
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves