We're new! Paul and Louise here!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

We're new! Paul and Louise here!

Postby torontolou » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:10 am

Hello, everyone! Paul and I are retired on disability, having both been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease a few years ago in our late 40's and early 50's. We met online through a Parkinson's Disease support group and have been an item ever since! Paul was a truck driver and I was a marketing researcher in our previous lives.

We share a love of the open road and camping and are bound and determined to indulge that wander lust to the max before the Parkinson's ties us down ... even if it is for but a couple of years.

Teardrops captured our attention and affection and so we are in the market for one. We don't have the dexterity anymore to build one, so it's a ready-built for us and it need also be a 'good deal' price wise given our employment status. Used might be the route for us ...

So, we look foward to learning all that we can from this site, gaining some inspiration, and finding us a Teardrop that fills the bill. If anyone knows of good source for used Teardrops, please share that with us.

Glad to be here!
Louise and Paul
torontolou
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:25 am

Welcome to the board! Here's an ebay auction from Keith Horton 330-268-5419. Give him a call and see what he has. They seem to make a fine teardrop and many on the forum own one. You should be able to get one without the auction process, but they are running out of 06 models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-CAMPE ... 4577QQrdZ1

There is also Camp Inn.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Ira » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:00 am

Welcome, P and L!

The most difficult part for you is going to be finding a TD in the area.

Are you 100% set on a teardrop? When you start looking at prices, you may decide on something larger and more practical, like a Scamp or T@B. Although some people here have bought manufactured units, most of us are building.

Why, I've been building mine for so long, I'm not even going to know what to do with it once I FINISH!
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:20 pm

Hello Lou and Paul,

There are amazing things happening with Parkins so expect to have an active life. Second, have you checked out the amazing tools. You just need to grab a couple of friends for the tall stuff. 8) :twisted:

We have a "for sale" section at the end of the Index.

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:51 pm

http://www.teardrops.net/classads01.html

Mostly on the west coast U.S. but worth looking at.

Welcome to this wonderful forum ! Get camping with us soon!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:00 pm

welcome aboard Guys , I agree give Keith a call , he has nice Tears and he's a hell of a nice guy Im sure you could deal with him
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves