Newbie from Kentucky

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Kentucky

Postby kayak_ky » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:28 pm

Just found this site a few days ago. I have become obsessed with building a tear over the past several months. I am slowly coming to grips with the amount of work and dedication that it is going to take to accomplish this task. There is certainly a wealth of information here to get me started. Thanks to everyone in advance for putting up with the stupid questions that are sure to follow.
kayak_ky
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:17 pm

Welcome Kayak_ky.
Hum. Let me see. Kayaker, with a fishing pole??? Just ask away and some of us will be sure to answer. A warning though. We have a Mad Jack who just has to have pictures. The truth is we are all a little mad over them.

I see you got an avitar picture so I can see who I joke with. 8) :lol:

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:29 am

Welcome to the forum. If you have been obsessed for a few month's, You might as well start. There's no going back. But take lot's of pic's.
Glad to see another yakker on board.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby kayak_ky » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:36 am

Sonetpro wrote:Welcome to the forum. If you have been obsessed for a few month's, You might as well start. There's no going back. But take lot's of pic's.

Sonetpro, I just went through your gallery and loved the tear. What are the final dimensions? Nice job!
kayak_ky
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 am

kayak_ky wrote:
Sonetpro wrote:Welcome to the forum. If you have been obsessed for a few month's, You might as well start. There's no going back. But take lot's of pic's.

Sonetpro, I just went through your gallery and loved the tear. What are the final dimensions? Nice job!

Thanks for the kudo's. It is 12'x 5' It started as a 10' x 5' but I needed the extra length for the bulkhead the AC is built into.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:51 am

Welcome kayak_ky and the better half in the picture... hahah!

You've certainly found a goldmine with this forum.. I could not have gotten to where I'm at on mine, without the wonderful input and encouragement from this forum.
:beautiful:

I would strongly encourage you to look at one in person, or go to a close campout soon to really get the size and idea of the teardrop before you start building. Lay down with your hands behind your head when thinking of the cabin length. And you won't regret going at least 5' wide and definitely 2 doors. And adding an A/C is something to consider , not just for heat but humidity...

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Namsayn » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:31 am

Dude,
You a member of BWA or a flat water yakker? I currently live in Versailles after burning my Scott Co. house to the ground.
I mostly ww boat but sometimes float the flat. I have a Steve Frederick built t/d that you are welcome to look over. Sadly, it is currently (pun intended) sitting on a friend's farm in Frankfort while I rebuild the house.
My office is in Fft and, if you would like a look, shoot me a PM or email at [email protected].
Welocome to the insanity,
Randy Offutt
Namsayn
Silver Donating Member

Postby sid » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:24 am

Welcome to the forum....

A couple of kayakers right below you here in Smyrna, TN...... We'll be heading through Louisville tomorrow to pick up a yoder toter in North Canton, OH.

Enjoy your build and bring on the questions. Nobody is shy in answering things here! :lol:
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby kayak_ky » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:23 pm

I only like the flatwater between the next rapid.
kayak_ky
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves