honeymoon?

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

honeymoon?

Postby ian805 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:20 pm

Thank you all already for the vast amount of knowledge here. I hope to use my teardrop next summer on our honeymoon, and love to camp and hunt whenever possible. I am a finish carpenter, superintendent by profession and plan to build using predominantly job extras and salvage. I am collecting materials at job sites for a benroy type on a harbor freight chassis & have rough slabs of poplar for the structural frame work, plus most a.c. electrical components. Once I have the chassis, I promise to post build photos through completion for all interested. Thank you for what my girlfriend calls
"the new obsession." $>
ian805
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm

Welcome...you're in good company here on the board....lots of collectors of materials and teardrop-owner-want-to-be's! You'll find this to be a very helpfull group, eager to give you more advice than you can ever use (or want). Please consider yourself one of the group, and do share your expertise in carpentry, dutch oven cooking, and mixed drinks involving pickle juice!!
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Ma3tt » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Ian Welcome,

Come on south if you need a Tear Tour i'm in Newbury Park, Good luck with the whole honeymoon/$$$ thing. There is a house on Main street across from the park that has had a few Tears at it.
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:26 pm

Welcome Ian,
Lets see, ya got your avitar picture, your gonna post pictures, your a carpentar and getting married. :roll: :cry: Kinda hard to instruct when the newbies got it all. 8)

Have fun and it can be an obsession. Keeps ya home at night.

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Marty » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:28 am

ian805,

Nice to see another contractor on the site with the idea of building the teardrop out of salvage or leftovers from the job site. We built our Finishing Trailer ( the trailer that has all or finishing tools and gear in it.) out of leftovers which was suppose to be my teardrop. Funny how many good looks we would get when we pull up with a teardrop tool trailer. We built our frame box roof using the bottom and top chords of Wood I joist. The laminated veneer lumber used on wood I's is incredibly strong and does not flex. Being in Minnesota that trailer is out in the snow so we did not just want a 2"x2". We also ripped 2x6's for the sidewalls added some foam insulation. We use Hardiboard siding on the interior with no lap. Looks quirky but is durable as all get out. Outside is seamless metal roofing. For the trailer we got a damage tent camper that we took down to bare metal. Since then we have sold the trailer to a former employee and he took off to Seattle with it, so I don't have pictures, but it is really easy to get something going.

Marty
The four most expensive words in renovation are: "While we're at it..."
Marty
Teardrop Builder

Postby KA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:01 am

Welcome Ian! I hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us do.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves