Hello from Goleta

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Goleta

Postby martha24 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:07 pm

Hello all,
I guess it is time to say a proper hello. My husband, David and I are starting to build a teardrop. Years ago a teardrop was given to his dad and slowly it fell apart. My husband’s brother (San Diego area) ended up with what was left and it sat in his yard for years. We were visiting him one time and got to talking and learned that it was a trailer frame and that it had had a teardrop on it. So about a month ago David went down took it apart and took it over to his uncle, who cleaned it up and sand blasted it and fixed anything that needed fixing and brought it up to us. So we have been just figuring out what we want to do, decided we like the shape of the Kit so we are going with that style. So far David has been working on the trailer part and the floor. I’m the one who does the researching, figuring out the design ideas and who will be helping with a lot of the finishing parts. The trailer frame has Zagelmeyer, Auto Camp Co, Bay City MI, the wheels on it seem to be old Ford ones and it did have a teardrop on it, but my brother-in-law doesn’t remember what it looked like. On the internet there is very little information about that name only mentions a tent trailer from the 20’s. (I did respond to one post on Desert teardrop trailers)
We live in Goleta, CA, next door to Santa Barbara one hundred miles up for Los Angeles. We first saw teardrops a few years ago on a Huell Houser show and really liked the idea, so now we are in the process of making it a reality.

From what I have read on the forum, I really like it and the people. Martha :)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Welcome Martha,
and good luck with the teardrop. I don't know what a kit looks like but I haven't seen a T/TTT that I don't like. ;)

There are lots of people here waiting to help and please show us your progress pictures cause as you know by now we have a Mad Jack, Mad Aussie (Paul) and an Aunti M (oh, thats me) who need them. :twisted:

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Italia » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:55 pm

Hello,
We live very close to you and we camp even closer to you, so if you ever want to see another teardrop up close let us know. Our first teardrop was a Kit. Welcome to the website.

Italia
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby billnut » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:46 am

:D Well Welcome Martha your welcome to stop by to look at my TD if your near Simi it may smell like Asiago cheese from the last camp out forgot to take it out. Dan and Cris were not along to remind me!
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Archer_1 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 am

Martha, you're also welcome to come see ours if you're out in the Ontario area. SoCal Teardrops is only a couple of miles away as well; could make for an informative trip! ;)

Good luck with your build!
Everybody enjoys a good pun; its just that nobody has ever heard one!

2003 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra
Archer_1
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:22 pm

Martha & David,
A Goleta welcome from just North of Loleta! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby martha24 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:12 am

Thank you for such a warm welcome. :)

I’m looking forward to meeting many of you. Our goal is to have our tear usable if not finished by next Spring so we can make it to a gathering. We have only done tent camping so this will be a step up for us.
Last Mid-September we, including our dog, drove to South Dakota to see our son in the Air Force. Other than staying in a KOA cabin in Rapid City, we tent camped along the way. We almost froze in Wyoming. :snowstorm:

So for us a teardrop will be luxurious. :lol: Martha
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:16 am

Martha,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are close to all the action in CA!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby billnut » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:46 pm

mikeschn wrote:Martha,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are close to all the action in CA!

Mike...

:D That's right Mike when your my age and you don't see your name in the Obituary column your going to get all of the action you can get for another day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves