Newbie Intro

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie Intro

Postby rabelgirls » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:51 pm

Hi Everyone!!

Just have to say that I love this forum already!! We are the Rabel's. We are Sherri, Chuck, Elizabeth, Bailey (girl) and McKenna. Hence are user name Rabelgirls (with the exception of my DH Chuck). Anyway...we are from WV and have been wanting to buy a camper for sometime. After watching a show on the Discovery Channel tonight, I saw something that I just dearly loved...the Teardrop Trailer!! I immediately ran over to the computer and started searching and this is where I ended up. I am so glad I did. I have already gotten some great ideas and have already talked Chuck into building us one this winter!! I know there won't be room for all 5 of us, but we do have a van and a tent, the kids will just have to tough it out, LOL!! Anyway...that is who we are and I am sure we will have lots of questions before it is over!!!

Sorry I rambled on and on, I do that sometimes!!

:)
rabelgirls
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:11 am

...someone rambling on...on this board...unheard of...send yourself to the closet immediately :D :lol: ;) ....but seriously folks, Welcome...you have found the right place to feed what we refer to as the TD Bug...it's addictive and obsessive so be careful, 'cause many a viewer of that program has landed here....spend losts of time reading past posts and viewing members albums and the "Hall of Fame" at top right...the "Generic Benroy" plans at the top of this page are a great set of free plans and the techniques detailed can be used to build most any profile trailer you could want and did I say they were free...we will be here with more advice and good cheers than you can stand but there is a price....PICTURES...we luv 'em and wanna see 'em...of y'all, your build/pets/vehicles/yard/neighbor...well you get it...we luv da pics...so keep on dreamin', plannin' and havin' fun...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Rabel Girls

Postby CPASPARKS » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:16 am

Welcome to the Forum....

You can axe us anything....
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:28 pm

:lol: Sherri and family,
Welcome, you will notice that Madjack is very experienced at the ramble come back. :lol: We do love the pictures so dig out the :snappy:

As to the kids in a tent, they'll love it. They can be big girls and complain to the friends and family at the same time. 8) Endo has a great way to aircondition the tear and the tent at the same time so look for him and click on the album.

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Ron » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:30 pm

rabelgirls,

Welcome to the addiction......it's a bug that bites very hard......enjoy!!
What part of West Virginia are you in?

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby rabelgirls » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:53 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am so eager to get started. I have been looking for a trailer for the last two days. One that is 5x8 and at a reasonable price. I am going to call my local Harbor Freight store tomorrow to see if they have one. Red Trailer has one for 439.95 then another 105.00 for delivery. I am hoping to get one cheaper than that.

Anyway...we are from South Charleston. Just outside of Charleston. An hour from Huntington and Beckley. Three hours from Morgantown. We do have a camp (it's really a house) in Green Bank, Pocahantas County. Unfortunately, we don't get up there very often. It belongs to my husbands family so we all share it.

Our two oldest girls play travel softball and we travel at least once per month somewhere outside our local area and we were thinking that this would be great.

Anyway...I am rambling on again. I must get some sleep, big day tomorrow. I just can't get this teardrop off of my mind long enough to sleep.

Thanks Again!!

:D
rabelgirls
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:08 am

rabelgirls wrote:<snip>Anyway...I am rambling on again. I must get some sleep, big day tomorrow. I just can't get this teardrop off of my mind long enough to sleep.
Thanks Again!!
:D

Yep, that sounds about right. Just wait until you start building. :)

Have a good day and welcome aboard.

:thinking:
So you saw my teardrop on RV Crazy? Well part of it. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:50 am

rabelgirls wrote: Red Trailer has one for 439.95 then another 105.00 for delivery.

You could get a custom frame built for that kind of money.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:12 am

Hey Rabelgirls,

Welcome to the forum. Red trailer? Are you by chance building the Generic Benroy?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby rabelgirls » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:53 am

Yes, Mike I think the Generic Benroy is the way we are going to go. After reviewing many posts here and looking at those plans numerous times, I really like that design. I sort of wish that we could have all of us in there, but the kids will be gone soon and no sense in builing something bigger than we will ever need!!

:thumbsup:
rabelgirls
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves