Allow myself to introduce...Myself

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Allow myself to introduce...Myself

Postby HumbleHut » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:09 am

Hello oh wise council! I have lurked silently over your shoulders learnign from your site for long enough. I have just begun the building process and have discovered several absolute truths - none more absolute than the fact that I know far less than I thought I knew just days ago! please let me thank you in advance for all of the help you all will offer! I am in the Phoenix area, so if anyone is in this part of the world, look me up when you need an extra hand on something.
HumbleHut
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:16 am

Welcome to the forum Humble... (finally!) :o

I wish you would tell my girls that absolute truth. They seem to know it all.

So what are you building, and have you started taking pictures yet?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:30 pm

Hummmmm Maybe I should have started that way. :lol: I understood I was in over my head from the very begining. It seems to be a process here in the Center for missing builders. :roll: (been told I get lost in my puter and the world of sawdust.)

Enjoy the process and please remember the pictures cause we have a few 'Mad' ones. 8)

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Sierra Ray » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:14 am

Welcome Humble...all you need for your build is here on this forum. Everyone tries to help as much as possible.
One thing you'll need tho is a sense of humor :lol:
And maybe some pickle juice... :twisted:
I'm west of the Death Valley area and there's folks in Arizona too.
Again welcome Ray
Perfection...no one is perfect. It's in striving for perfection that the journey lies.
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby asianflava » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:45 am

So Ray (or Gage) do you know what the heck this is supposed to be?

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Sierra Ray » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:11 am

Well, I've parked next to that thing(it's at the county couthouse bldg)
but I figured it was just a great big GOLD NUGGET, too big to steal
:lol: :lol:
I can find out for you tomorrow if you want. :thumbsup:

Sierra Ray in Inyo County
Perfection...no one is perfect. It's in striving for perfection that the journey lies.
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:00 am

That was going to be my guess. I could ask Tanya in the morning. Say Ray, you don't happen to live close to Independence, do you?

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:30 am

You mean this Courthouse? We stopped here to take the picture for Tanya but we saw that "thing" and wondered what the heck it was.

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:22 pm

One problem with thinking it represents a gold nugget. There was no gold in them thar parts, only silver. Tanya doesn't know beings how that Library wasn't there when Tanya lived there.

Another possibility is it could be something from the old Kearsarge Mine which became a part of Independence when in 1867 an avalanche wiped out most all the log cabins and the minners moved down to Independence. Then again it could be something that represents the Indian Tribes of the area.

Come on Ray, help me out. ;)

Have a good day.

:thumbsup:
I know a gal by the name of Judy Biggs that was heavy into the local government and used to own the town (?) of Aberdeen_ she'll know.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Sierra Ray » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Sorry Humble...didn't mean to hijack your welcome. Now you see that you have to have a sense of humor around here. You're on teardrop time.

:lol: O.K. O.K. So you guys don't believe the GOLD NUGGET story..
I'll have to come clean. :oops:
It's called "The Bishop Tuff". It's volcanic ash that formed when a caldera in Mono county exploded approximately 450,000 years ago. (I wasn't there). :lol:
Then a river formed and washed away the soft stuff, and VIOLA! you have a tuff. There's a whole bunch of them up in mono cty, and this one was brought down to the county seat and the Library lost. :lol: :lol:
It was born in Mono County, named after Bishop, placed in Independence and I,live in Olancha :D Hope this clears everything up. :thumbsup:
Asian..your tear looks great in that pic. We also get a lot of test fleets up here testing all the new model cars thru D.V.

Hey, Gage, did you ever belong to Pick-ups Limited?
RAY
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves