a builder's wife

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

a builder's wife

Postby Connienla » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:52 am

Hi everyone, I have recently registered on the forum. My name is Connie and I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I now co- own a teardrop. It was built by my hubby, Terry (Nubwon) .He has done a wonderful job. We have booked our first gathering, Lake Bistineau State Park.(Louisiana) Terry may have told you, I am use to the comforts of our travel trailer, so it may take a bit of help from you to get me ready for this trip.
I have been reading some of the post, in fact a lot of them, everyone here seems so friendly and helpful. I am really looking forward to the gathering. That gives me 2 months to get everything together. I will probably forget something, is it ok to borrow from neighboring teardroppers? lol
Connie
Last edited by Connienla on Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connienla
Teardrop Inspector

Re: a builers wife

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:02 am

Connienla wrote:I will probably forget something, is it ok to borrow from neighboring teardroppers? lol
Connie

...only if you ask first ;) ...welcome Connie (Mrs. Nubwon)...one thing I would recommend is a privacy tent and a porta potti for those late night/early morning trips...this is especially true if you are used to the conveniences of a motor home...this one from Cabela's is probably the Cadillac of privacy tents at 99bucks...you can get a cheaper one for around 40 bucks from Wally World, Sportsmans Guide, Cabela's and other sporting goods outlets .......
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:24 am

Hi Connie,

Welcome

I don't think anyone would loan you their plastic flamingos, you will have to get your own. :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Connienla » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:34 am

thanks for the welcome guys, Believe me the potty thing was the first thing on my mine , but we got the one from Walmart, I think it will be just fine. Plastic flamingos? :shock: are these required? :thinking: Terry didn't tell me bout those.
Connienla
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:04 pm

...the flamingo's are not required but are "de riguer" at many gatherings...we are however, going to have a halloween decorating contest at the gathering.....wOOooOOooOOoo
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:13 pm

madjack wrote:...we are however, going to have a halloween decorating contest at the gathering.....wOOooOOooOOoo
madjack 8)

What are you dressin' up as?
I think you should go as General Bon Vivant... :lol:

Connie,
There's probably a lot of things Terry didn't tell you. ;)

Welcome to the board! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:19 pm

...how about a red-neck hippie wanna be teardrop manufacturer...it would be such a stretch :lol: :lol:
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Connienla » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:37 pm

:roll: What am I getting myelf into? hehehe
Thanks for the welcome Dean. Ive been watching your art work for the Oct. gathering , it looks great. Connie
Connienla
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves