Hello from Louisiana!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby AmyH » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:26 pm

Man you are bringing back some incredibly fond memories for me Kristi! I learned how to drive in a '79 pea green VW campervan! We camped all over the East Coast in that camper. Even broke down in Alabama once and had to put a new engine in it. I loved that camper!! Now the poor thing is sitting in my mom's backyard falling apart. :cry: I went up there recently to see if it was worth trying to save, but we decided it was way too much work for me to take on. My mom and I had a good cry sitting out in that camper reminiscing! Yours looks amazing! What year is it?
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby forestfrog » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:07 am

Nic...thanks for the craigslist tip, I'll check it out. I already have the mural sketched out, but I'm not revealing the theme yet, LOL! ;)

Amy...learning to drive on a VW camper? Lucky you! I'm glad you have fond memories of your Bus. Maybe it could be resurrected as a parts donor for another Bus? Check out the VW classifieds at www.thesamba.com . I think there were a couple of running Westys available in WA recently and maybe a dozen or so regular Buses. Your TD would look great rolling down the road behind a VW Bus (hint, hint, hint). 8) My camper is a '79 and the sunroof Bus project is a '77.
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby AmyH » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:10 pm

I would love to get another vw campervan sometime in the future. I wonder how decent it would perform pulling a tear? :thinking: I almost tried sending in my mom's information to Overhaulin' to see if they would take it on and fix it up. The only problem was that the engine wouldn't turn over any more. Yours looks absolutely incredible Kristi! :thumbsup:
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:49 pm

AmyH wrote:I would love to get another vw campervan sometime in the future. I wonder how decent it would perform pulling a tear? :thinking: I almost tried sending in my mom's information to Overhaulin' to see if they would take it on and fix it up. The only problem was that the engine wouldn't turn over any more. Yours looks absolutely incredible Kristi! :thumbsup:

I was reading some of the forums for Overhaulin'. Some of the people said that if you aren't in Southern California, then forget it. Proly true since, other than the Lance Armstrong GTO, all the cars were built in SoCal.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:07 am

asianflava wrote:
AmyH wrote:I would love to get another vw campervan sometime in the future. I wonder how decent it would perform pulling a tear? :thinking: I almost tried sending in my mom's information to Overhaulin' to see if they would take it on and fix it up. The only problem was that the engine wouldn't turn over any more. Yours looks absolutely incredible Kristi! :thumbsup:

I was reading some of the forums for Overhaulin'. Some of the people said that if you aren't in Southern California, then forget it. Proly true since, other than the Lance Armstrong GTO, all the cars were built in SoCal.

I think they did do a guys car (model A I think) in Texas, Dallas area. But that was a special Overhaulin.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves