Hi

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi

Postby Chaotica » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking for a little bit and decided it was time to say hi. This forum is a gold mine of information and will be a huge help when I start my project which may be as early as Monday. If everything goes according to plan I will road trip to Red's on Monday to pick up a 5x8.

Ed
Ed
Chaotica
Teardrop Master

Postby sid » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:13 pm

5x8.... good choice....

Have you been out long? :lol: :lol:

Good luck on your build!
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:25 pm

You could also road trip it over to HF and get a black 5x8 trailer. That's one of my favorite choices right now.

Mike...

P.S. Welcome to the forum... tell me about your avatar... :o
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:54 pm

Welcome...from the look of your avatar, you may have wanted to stay in lurking...are THEY gonna allow you to build a tear in woodshop...are ya gonna use it to hideout in when you finally escape...have fun
madjack 8)

p.s....a good sense of humor always helps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chaotica » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:59 pm

Sid, that's why I need to start Monday. :lol:

mikeschn wrote:You could also road trip it over to HF and get a black 5x8 trailer. That's one of my favorite choices right now.

Mike...

P.S. Welcome to the forum... tell me about your avatar... :o

The local HF has two 5x8's but they won't sell me either one, the COO's are missing for both and he said it would probably take two weeks to get replacements. I unexpectedly have next week off from work so I thought I might as well make the best of it.

As far as my av goes, I plead the 5th. ;)
Ed
Chaotica
Teardrop Master

Postby Chaotica » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:00 pm

madjack wrote:Welcome...from the look of your avatar, you may have wanted to stay in lurking...

For my sake or yours? :D
Ed
Chaotica
Teardrop Master

Postby GHOSTSSX » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:41 pm

Welcome!

OK, I'll bite...what are COO's ??

Is that some special jargon where you're from?? :thinking:

CHUCK
GHOSTSSX
Teardrop Master

Postby Chaotica » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:24 pm

COO = Certificate of Origin. It's needed to register the trailer in PA.
Ed
Chaotica
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:43 pm

Allrighttttttttt. Cous when ya gettin outta dar.

:lol: 8) Welcome to the farm. The addictions start here and I am aunti. We need pictures so we don't-----well -----ya know.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby GHOSTSSX » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:56 pm

Ahh.......

So I guess no pigeons in the institution 8)

TNX

CHUCK
GHOSTSSX
Teardrop Master

Postby Ira » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:09 am

Chaotica wrote:COO = Certificate of Origin. It's needed to register the trailer in PA.

For mine, the guys at HF themselves typed the VIN number on the COO. I think they just use blanks from the manufacturer, and they customize them for each sale. Maybe they just ran out of the blanks.

That's how I seem to remember it, because it didn't come in the box or anything. They handed it to you separately in an envelope with the bill of sale, which you need too.

And Mike, where have you seen a black 5 by 8 at HF? I've never seen one advertised in the circular.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby coreyjhen » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:11 am

Chaotica wrote:
The local HF has two 5x8's but they won't sell me either one, the COO's are missing for both and he said it would probably take two weeks to get replacements. I unexpectedly have next week off from work so I thought I might as well make the best of it.

As far as my av goes, I plead the 5th. ;)

My HF trailer arrived without a COO and it only took two days to get one from HFHQ in CA. All they need is the serial number and proof of purchase.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
coreyjhen
Teardrop Master

Postby Chaotica » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:55 am

Ira wrote:
Chaotica wrote:COO = Certificate of Origin. It's needed to register the trailer in PA.

For mine, the guys at HF themselves typed the VIN number on the COO. I think they just use blanks from the manufacturer, and they customize them for each sale. Maybe they just ran out of the blanks.

That's how I seem to remember it, because it didn't come in the box or anything. They handed it to you separately in an envelope with the bill of sale, which you need too.

And Mike, where have you seen a black 5 by 8 at HF? I've never seen one advertised in the circular.

The sales guy said the COO's are taped to the outside of the box and they fell off somewhere during shipping.

I believe Mike is refering to the landscaping trailer, that one is a 5x8 black.

coreyjhen wrote:
My HF trailer arrived without a COO and it only took two days to get one from HFHQ in CA. All they need is the serial number and proof of purchase.

He said two weeks and it's a moot point now, I just got back from Red's with my trailer. :)
Ed
Chaotica
Teardrop Master

Postby Ira » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:57 pm

Chaotica wrote:it's a moot point now, I just got back from Red's with my trailer. :)

OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!

I can't wait to see the NEW avatar!

Congratulations!!!!
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves