oregon newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

oregon newbie

Postby mobile camper » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:45 pm

Hello from the beautiful pacific northwest. My wife and I saw the teardrops on the travel channel a few years ago and I started thinking about either making or buying one. I am really interested in building one after spending a week camping in a tent. We found out that as we get older sleeping on the ground in not what I call fun. We are planning our family campout for next year already so I have to get busy, time is running short.
Steve and Gretchen
:D
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

welcome

Postby stbuch » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 pm

Welcome to the forum. People are really nice here and there are plenty of how-to-photos that are invaluable as you build. You can look at all the albums or the Hall of Fame to get ideas.

Sherrie
Good grief, isn�t it the weekend yet?
Maybe if I sleep in the camper the week
will pass faster�
stbuch
The 300 Club

Postby Sierra Ray » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:35 pm

Welcome to the madness guys. :D
Lots of info to be had here. You have questions and there's answers for a small charge. Pictures! lots of Pictures... :lol: :lol:
I'm starting my TD 's frame and will start painting when the wind subsides. Again, welcome.
Ray 8)
Perfection...no one is perfect. It's in striving for perfection that the journey lies.
Sierra Ray
Teardrop Builder

Postby sdtripper2 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:45 am

Steve and Gretchen AKA mobile camper

Welcome to the Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers (T&TTT) forum: :)
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Re: oregon newbie

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:48 am

mobile camper wrote:Hello from the beautiful pacific northwest. My wife and I saw the teardrops on the travel channel a few years ago and I started thinking about either making or buying one. I am really interested in building one after spending a week camping in a tent. We found out that as we get older sleeping on the ground in not what I call fun. We are planning our family campout for next year already so I have to get busy, time is running short.
Steve and Gretchen
:D

If you're ever planning on being in Portland, let me know if you're interested in seeing a teardrop prior to building. It really helps. Norm was nice enough to show me his (teardrop :oops: ) twice before and while I was building. Infact, he came over on a Saturday and helped me make it to the IRG. Thanks again Norm.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby stjohn » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:05 am

Its funny how the grond has gotten so much harder over the last 40 years (40 years for me anyway) It could not be that I'm getting any softer :roll: :roll:

By the way welcome to our merry little band of misfits
Mike
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby dwgriff1 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:57 am

If you are going to build a tear, this site is mandatory.

If there was a charge for admission it would be worth it. The collective wisdom (and foolishness) is boundless.

Recently I had an axle question I posted. Within a few hours I had solid answers from around the globe, literally.

My guess is that tear trailers collect characters like oregon trees collect moss. By the way, that is good on both sides

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 am

Welcome, Welcome,Welcome,
So you sound just like all the rest of us. 8) Jump right in, ask lots of questions, give lots of answers and post lots of pictures so the Mad ones are appeased. :lol:

PS. picking out a body style is the hardest part.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves