G'Day from Ne Zealand

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

G'Day from Ne Zealand

Postby qajaq » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:27 pm

G'Day

My name is Carl, I live in Auckland New Zealand.

I saw an add for a tear and started doing a little surfing. My wife agreed she would like to give a tear a go for camping instead of the tent and the rest is history :D

There is at least one local manufacturer but they don't seem to have a web address. A bigger tear with wheels under the trailer called the Pipi.

I have started building a modified 8x4 (you might end up with some metric from me as well ) Benroy and I am mighty impressed with the efforts of the group doing the plans etc :applause:

My album shows the progress to date, and the trailer is being fabricated for me (no Harbour Freight in NZ)

I think I got my wifes approval as it stops me building more cedar strip kayaks for a while :roll:

Thanks and Kind Regards Carl
qajaq
Kiwi No. 1

Postby Mary K » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:47 pm

G'day to you and welcome. Wow TD's are really going international. Your TD looks great. But you dont have to take a break from stripping, check out the hall of fame. You will see a few strippers in there. ( :rofl: sorry it's just funny) Anywho, like NH Stripper http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=842 He has a beautiful TD!!

Good luck with your buid, keep us posted and take lot's of :pictures: for us!!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby angib » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:55 am

Welcome, Carl. I like the trailer shape - and the window shape, which should suit NZ rain.

Admins - in honour of Carl turning up here and representing his country, couldn't he be awarded 'Kiwi No 1' description?

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:11 am

angib wrote:Welcome, Carl. I like the trailer shape - and the window shape, which should suit NZ rain.

Admins - in honour of Carl turning up here and representing his country, couldn't he be awarded 'Kiwi No 1' description?

Andrew

Welcome to the nuthouse, Carl... 8)

Great idea, Andrew, consider it done.... :thumbsup:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 am

Kevin A wrote:
angib wrote:Welcome, Carl. I like the trailer shape - and the window shape, which should suit NZ rain.

Andrew

Welcome to the nuthouse, Carl... 8)

Great idea, Andrew, consider it done.... :thumbsup:

Carl, I see the guys have already inducted you to the playground so welcome. Love the pics of the woodies. Great looking Teardrop too.

Mary K. Stripping is a beautiful thing if you have the time and patience. (not me) Kinda goes with woodies. :shock: :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby qajaq » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:59 pm

G'Day

Thanks for the kind words and feed back.

Building strippers does lead to lots of jokes can you imagine opening a strippers supplies store! Wouldn'd sell much but the calls would be interesting :lol:

Andrew thanks for the great info. I will be covering the tear in alloy (the next big job)

And yes it does rain a lot but no worse than England and its not too cold even in winter. I often try to go camping from the kayak on a small island on our shortest day.

Regards Carl
qajaq
Kiwi No. 1

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves