Hello from Fortville, IN

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Fortville, IN

Postby blk05m6gto » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Hello all. My name is Bill and I live in fortville, IN. I am 24 and work as a firefighter full time. I also run the install bay at best buy so any 12 volt questions anyone has I will be glad to help ya out. My friend at the firehouse has gotten me hooked on wanting to build a TD. (Not to menton almost everyone on my shift has a camper already). I am trying to decide between a 4x8 or a 5x8 home built one. Other than that I am open for suggestions so any help would be great. Thankx again. Bill
blk05m6gto
Teardrop Builder

Postby JunkMan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:26 am

Welcome to the forum Bill. :shake hands:

A 4' x 8' would be fine if you are camping alone, but a 5 footer would be a lot more comfortable for two. It also depends on what kind of trailer you plan to build on, a custom frame (which can be any width), or a HF red trailer (which is usually 4'). Mine is actually just over 4 1/2' wide, so it will accomodate a standard full sized mattress.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Welcome Bill,
I'm a neighbor of yours from Greenfield Indiana. :thumbsup: I started building this summer and have found a wealth of info from all the people on the board. What you can't find from reading the forum they are more than willing to help you with. Now you've been hooked there's no turning back. :lol: Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:53 pm

Welcome Bill,
Size depends entirely on your personal needs. If your partner takes up most of the bed make it 5x8 or 10. If you like snuggling make it 4. 8)

Just remember to take lots of pictures and Share Share Share. :worship:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby BK One » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi, Bill

I'm also a neighbor of yours in Pendleton. I've been lurking around this site for about a year. Work (too much) and finances (too little) have kept me from starting as soon as I wanted. Feel free to e-mail me anytime. I hope to start before Christmas.

Good luck,

Brian
BK One
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves