Newbies Nomore!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbies Nomore!

Postby blackgrouse » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:19 pm

:thumbsup: We took our Yoder Toter on our first camping trip this past weekend. We towed her up to Deception Pass State Park at the North end of Whidbey Island in Washington State. We had magnificent weather. 8) We learned that the Yoder sleeps pretty warm and so we will not need as many blankets as anticipated. She tows like a dream. We did give a few tours and received quite a few compliments. We just love not having to sleep on the ground and also like being able to break camp so swiftly. Along with our Yoder Toter we treated ourselves to a new Coleman Stainless Cooler and a new Coleman Dual Fuel Stove. Check out our album for photos of our trip. :thumbsup:
blackgrouse
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ira » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:30 pm

They don't put a ceiling vent/fan in those? That's a little surprising, but I see a little fan in the galley. Does that fan have anything to do with the cabin?
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Fan

Postby blackgrouse » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Ira, the Yoder does have a fan that vents into the galley and then out through the louvered vents. I'm seriously thinking of an ovehead vent or making some screens to fill the entire door opening as another Yoder owner did by the name of Sid.

I think fans are quite noisy but if it's really hot out I might put up with the noise :thumbsup:
blackgrouse
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 pm

Congrat's on the maiden voyage! Ain't she a sweetheart...... Really glad you are happy with your Silver Shadow. They do draw a crowd.

:applause: :applause:

We were in AL at Lake Guntersville this past weekend with some other forum folks. We had a BLAST!

PS: You will really enjoy the screens.....
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Juli n Bill » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:12 pm

Actually the vent fan we have (Northern Breeze) is practically silent. Very little noise unless you have it set to max, then theres a very low white noise hum. We mostly use it to get the days heat out of the tear before we go to bed. If it's really hot we sometimes leave the door open on the side tent side of the tear (see album for side tent photos) and of course the windows on each door have screens.
Juli n Bill
Teardrop Master

Fans

Postby blackgrouse » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:33 pm

Juli and Bill,

I would like to know more about the Northern Breeze fan. Supplier?
I found the Vent/fan

Also where did you buy your tent and tongue box?

thanks, robert
blackgrouse
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ira » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 am

I just put a vent in mine, no fan, since I have the AC. It was a matter of money--the vent alone was dirt cheap.

When I actually start camping, and if I see the need, I may just get a little clip on battery-powered fan to use there.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves