Utah Here

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Utah Here

Postby Overanout » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:43 pm

I think I'll just ramble a bit about myself for a introduction :) I'm Rodger, have lived in Utah off an on most of my life. Worked for a major Airline for 38 yrs. (not a pilot) :D .and am retired now.
I saw my first tear about 50yrs ago and it has stayed in the back of my mind all this time. I've gone thru the tents, truckcampers, trailers and pop-ups. Every time I would get a new rig that image of that teardrop would pop up. So I just sold my trailer.

I read what MadJack said about reading every thing before making up your mind. So I have gone thru every link on the 5 major search engines and read about half the posts on this site, didn't do me any good,between major over load and CRS I was back at square one.

Utah doesn't have many teardrops, so I didn't have one for real to see and touch. I was all set to build one ( no idea witch one) when I found 2 for sell. Look at them and got a good price on this one.

After I got it home and all that bright shiny aluminum quit blinding me. I found that there is alot of rebuilding and fixing to do. :shock: Now the fun begins, I get to build it to fit me :bounce: I will be asking many questions and might even have an answer or 2.

I'm glad I found this awesome site with all the knowledge and expertise you have!!!!
Rodger

PS Can anyone tell me what style this TD might be? The guy I bought it from said he built it from memory.

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Horrible Sanity." E.A. Poe
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kevin A » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:56 pm

Hi Rodger,
Welcome to the nut hou.... er Forum. Great looking trailer you've found. :thumbsup:
I would say your new trailer most resembles a Kenskill.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Re: Utah Here

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Hi Rodger!

I live in southern Utah. Wayyy southern Utah. Las Vegas to be exact. There are quite a few teardrop folks up in the Salt Lake area. I think there was a small gathering last weekend...maybe the week before. Doesn't matter now.

Anyway, I do like your trailer! It's a very classic looking tear. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun rebuilding/refirbishing it to meet your needs. Keep up the pictures as you make your improvements.

Welcome again,
Joanne

Overanout wrote:I think I'll just ramble a bit about myself for a introduction :) I'm Rodger, have lived in Utah off an on most of my life. Worked for a major Airline for 38 yrs. (not a pilot) :D .and am retired now.
I saw my first tear about 50yrs ago and it has stayed in the back of my mind all this time. I've gone thru the tents, truckcampers, trailers and pop-ups. Every time I would get a new rig that image of that teardrop would pop up. So I just sold my trailer.

I read what MadJack said about reading every thing before making up your mind. So I have gone thru every link on the 5 major search engines and read about half the posts on this site, didn't do me any good,between major over load and CRS I was back at square one.

Utah doesn't have many teardrops, so I didn't have one for real to see and touch. I was all set to build one ( no idea witch one) when I found 2 for sell. Look at them and got a good price on this one.

After I got it home and all that bright shiny aluminum quit blinding me. I found that there is alot of rebuilding and fixing to do. :shock: Now the fun begins, I get to build it to fit me :bounce: I will be asking many questions and might even have an answer or 2.

I'm glad I found this awesome site with all the knowledge and expertise you have!!!!
Rodger

PS Can anyone tell me what style this TD might be? The guy I bought it from said he built it from memory.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:13 am

Welcome to the board Rodger...sorry about the sensory overload...what you have bought is definitely a Ken-Skill repro...looks to be a nice one to boot...since you already have the pic thing down, I guess you have already paid your dues for answers...so whenever you are ready we will be here with more advice than you can use...some of it actually accurate and even useable :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Overanout » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:54 pm

Thanks for the info Kevin, I wasen't sure if it look like the Kenskill or the trailer for 2 out of mechanic illustrated.

Rodger

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Overanout » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi Joanne;

I guess you do live in wayyyyyy southern Utah. I think Utah had to annex that southern part for some reason :shock:

I was going to go to the Utah gathering and check thing out, but it got snowed out.

I like your Desert Dawg :thumbsup: If it had a turret and a 50cal machine gun on the top it could hold its own :thinking:

Rodger

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Overanout » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:32 pm

Hi Madjack, thanks for th info. I will need all the help I can get and have many questions . :thinking:

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Spadinator » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Welcome....there are a few in Utah under construction including mine!!!!! It was supposed to be done last summer but you know how that goes! Welcome anyway to the MADNESS!!
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Spadinator
500 Club

Postby Overanout » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:09 am

Spadinater it looks like your TD is coming right along, are you planning to go to Hanksville in May?
Do you know of a good suppier of aluminum trim locally?

Thanks for the welcome!

Rodger

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Spadinator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:54 pm

Hey Overanout, I don't know about Hanksville in May.....we are getting a new Captain in January and it depends on the changes he wants. I have checked on several aluminum suppliers locally and found only one that had alot of trim. It is in the freeport center in Clearfield.....the name escapes me now but the only thing they don't have is annealed trim. Everything they have is in ten foot lengths.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Spadinator
500 Club

Postby Overanout » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:30 pm

Thanks Spadinater for the information, I'll look it up and see if they have what I need.

Rodger

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jmtk » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:56 pm

Hi Overanout!

I'm another Utahn trying to get my trailer done (~90% there). Yours looks great, especially behind your tow vehicle. I'm jealous :lol: (Mainly because I'm in the "I gotta get this darn thing done before the snow flies" stage of the build) Have fun and welcome!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Postby Overanout » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Jeanette, Thanks for the welcome!

I like your TD, I wish I could put in the seating like yours. But the way this was built its to big of a hassle to change it. Like that bunk/hamock, yours muct be 5 wide.

rodger

"I became Insane
with Long Intervals of
Overanout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sunny16 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi Overanout,

Welcome to the group! Yes, there are quite a few of us here in Utah so chances of seeing another TT is getting greater every day. I have only seen three in the past year or so but I know they are out there, or here. You are not so far away from where I am so we may bump into each other sometime. Good luck with the new trailer!. You will get lots of help from everyone here...they are all helpful.

Bryan (sunny16) :thumbsup:
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby thobbs » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Us Utahn's are taking over! Maybe that means I might actually see a teardrop on the road other than mine. Welcome to the club.
thobbs
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves