Too New

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Too New

Postby ccdell » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:22 pm

Hi all, I have been lurking for quite some time, looking at all of the fantastic ideas and great conversation. So, I thought it might be time to jump in. First, let me say that I love everything about camping EXCEPT sleeping outside! So, a teardrop seems to be just the ticket.

But why join the forum now you ask. Well, I am typing this after an hour spent sorting and STUFFING the Subaru with all the camping equipment "required" (IAW the wife) for a very short overnighter. So, the thought of a grab and go bedroom and kitchen combo has a certain appeal right now! I even have permission (but not encouragement) of the wife to tackle this project. So, with a little luck and a lot of work, I hope to see y’all out there enjoying the good life (soon?).

Scott
ccdell
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Too New

Postby NightCap » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:12 pm

ccdell wrote: I even have permission (but not encouragement) of the wife to tackle this project. So, with a little luck and a lot of work, I hope to see y’all out there enjoying the good life (soon?).

Scott

I know exactly where you are coming from. My wife is taking more of an interest now that I'm getting further along. Well, best wishes for a speedy build and good to hear from you.
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:01 am

Hey Scott,

Welcome to the forum.

Build your teardrop with all the ammenities in place, and you'll never have to pack again! ;)

Let us know what you come up with!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: Too New

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:12 pm

Hi Scott,

I have an SUV and it gets stuffed when I tent camp. I'm looking forward to having a lot less loading to do with the tear. Your wife might be interested in helping to design the galley or the interior of the cabin. You will enjoy the build more if she gets excited about it too.

As you know there are a lot of good ideas out there. Spend some time designing, then get the sawdust flying! Oh, don't forget the pictures.

Joanne

ccdell wrote:Hi all, I have been lurking for quite some time, looking at all of the fantastic ideas and great conversation. So, I thought it might be time to jump in. First, let me say that I love everything about camping EXCEPT sleeping outside! So, a teardrop seems to be just the ticket.

But why join the forum now you ask. Well, I am typing this after an hour spent sorting and STUFFING the Subaru with all the camping equipment "required" (IAW the wife) for a very short overnighter. So, the thought of a grab and go bedroom and kitchen combo has a certain appeal right now! I even have permission (but not encouragement) of the wife to tackle this project. So, with a little luck and a lot of work, I hope to see y’all out there enjoying the good life (soon?).

Scott
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Postby ccdell » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:08 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Well, we are back from our overnight trip and we did have a good time. But, I did get the chance to reconfirm that I DO NOT like sleeping on the ground. And who, by the way, sets the comfort rating on sleeping bags??? It was a long cold night in the Colorado mountains last night and my brand new 15 degree bag was definately not up to the task of keeping me warm with the temps in the 30's.

Joanne,
I found your site before the T&TTT site. In fact, it was your site that planted the idea in my head that I didn't need a large camper to really enjoy the outdoors.

Thank you.
ccdell
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PaulC » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:15 pm

Hi Scott and welcome. Sounds to me that you are going through the same I went through. The Handbrake(wife) had severe misgivings about me building one. It was'nt until we had used it for the first time that she was hooked.

Don't forget to keep Madjack happy with heaps of pics because he just luv's da pics 8)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Ira » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 pm

Welcome, Scott! And here's my experience:

My wife didn't want me to build one and thought I was nuts. But I totally ignored her wishes and built it anyway!

And I don't know which has been more satisfying:

Building it, or totally ignoring her wishes.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby srfrcrux » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:02 pm

My wife wasn't completely on board either...She didn't exactly know if she wanted or needed one...so I tried to convience her :? that she did! but she seems to be coming around. today she had the belt sander helping out!!!! ;)
So good luck and greetings
Adopt a Drop or be board to tears!!!!
www.myspace.com/thelains
srfrcrux
Donating Member

Re: Thank you all for the warm welcome

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:49 pm

I'm glad that my site got you thinking about it. So does that mean I get credit or blame?? :lol: Of course it doesn't take long around here to get a lot of encouragement and great ideas.

I have to laugh about the comfort ratings too! I'm always cold so my -15 bag is about right when it drops just below freezing. It would never get me through if it got really cold.

Joanne

ccdell wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome. Well, we are back from our overnight trip and we did have a good time. But, I did get the chance to reconfirm that I DO NOT like sleeping on the ground. And who, by the way, sets the comfort rating on sleeping bags??? It was a long cold night in the Colorado mountains last night and my brand new 15 degree bag was definately not up to the task of keeping me warm with the temps in the 30's.

Joanne,
I found your site before the T&TTT site. In fact, it was your site that planted the idea in my head that I didn't need a large camper to really enjoy the outdoors.

Thank you.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby asianflava » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:51 am

While I was building mine, my wife couldn't picture it. Even though she saw RV Crazy, she still couldn't. No matter how many times I showed her what goes where, she didn't get it. I met a guy on this board who was building a teardrop. He wasn't too far from my house so we paid him a visit. After the visit, she was more able to visualize how it was supposed to come together.

After our first campout with other teardroppers, she was hooked. Take your wife to a teardrop campout and it will be an easy sell.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:05 am

PaulC wrote:Don't forget to keep Madjack happy with heaps of pics because he just luv's da pics 8)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Scott welcome aboard the board...already getting good advice...your gonna love a tear...sounds like you are good and ready for it...

Paul...I do not like my pics inna heap...I like 'em in nice orderly progressions :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:36 pm

:rofl:
The Mad One wrote:Paul...I do not like my pics inna heap...I like 'em in nice orderly progressions
madjack

Welcome Scott,
You have survived the initiation now for the hazing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My husband wasn't on board at first. He decided building it would keep me from drowning myself at a fishing hole. Now he chips in money. He is ready to be done and go camping. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gerdo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Welcome CC. Where in Colorado do you live? If you could show her, in person, what you are thinking she may get more excited. When I started my wife was very supportive but after I took her to see Bruces TD it hit her exactly what it was that I was doing. You may also get some questions answered by seeing one or two. If you are in the Denver area, PM me and maybe we can get together.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves