Hello from NorCal

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from NorCal

Postby TearDropXtreme » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:30 pm

Just wanted to say hello to all my fellow TDers. I built my TD last winter and customized it to match my show car. Lots of nice Teardrops on this site and I used a lot of the great information posted here when I built it. You can see pics of it in my personal album here and also at my cars photo page at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ptxtreme
Looking forward to doing some Teardrop events next year!
Regards,
Don Kildebeck
"There have been great societies that did not use the wheel, but there have been no societies that did not tell stories."
TearDropXtreme
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hello from NorCal

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:41 pm

Hi Don,

Nice trailer! I especially like the shark. It's a neat take on a "techno-shark". Maybe we'll see you at one of the gatherings.

Joanne

TearDropXtreme wrote:Just wanted to say hello to all my fellow TDers. I built my TD last winter and customized it to match my show car. Lots of nice Teardrops on this site and I used a lot of the great information posted here when I built it. You can see pics of it in my personal album here and also at my cars photo page at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ptxtreme
Looking forward to doing some Teardrop events next year!
Regards,
Don Kildebeck
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby asianflava » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:46 am

PT Cruiser..................Check
Teardrop....................Check
Forum member...........Check

I'm shure you'd fit right in. I think the shark is cool.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 am

...some stunning artwork...didja doit yourself...oh, welcome to our brand of obsession :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Hello from NorCal

Postby TearDropXtreme » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Joanne, Asianflava, Madjack, thanks. Looking forward to participating on this forum. The trailer, and car's, airbrushing work was all done by an airbrush artist by the name of Daneen in San Jose, Ca. The shark is really a majestic piece when you see it in person. Before beginning the paint, she actually swirl grinded the metal around where the shark would be. Then used two different House of Color blue paints, then the airbrushing, then several clearcoats over the top. When viewed in the sunshine it is amazing. As you walk by the mural, the shark remains in place, but the "water" behind it actually seems to move, like an ocean current.
I plan on attending several trailer events in 2007. Hope to see y'all sometime.
"There have been great societies that did not use the wheel, but there have been no societies that did not tell stories."
TearDropXtreme
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:28 pm

:o :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
Welcome Don,
Love the pictures. Thank you!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:02 am

Don, Those are some great pictures. Did you make the fenders yourself?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:21 am

Nice looking car & tear :thumbsup: but do you really take all that to go surfing or are they just props? I couldn't see me taking it to the beach to surf with as it would be stripped or stolen and not to mention all the sand that would eat away at your custom ride. To me a surf wagon is a little bit on the grungy side like we would use in the 60's in San Diego. That's just my opinion. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

TDXtreme

Postby TearDropXtreme » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:02 pm

Aunti M, thanks for the welcome.
Bledsoe3- the fenders are 14" wide Fat Bobs from TPerformance.com ( http://www.tperformance.com/street_rod_ ... r_fenders/ ). Worked perfect for my needs.
Danny, when I was younger I had plenty of time to surf. But now, its only an occasional thing I do. My PT has a Viper Alarm system that's been extended and wired to the trailer. Also, the trailer has an independent motion alarm. All the parts on both are as locked and secured as I can make them. I've taken the car and TD surfing and camping and both have done fine. But you are right in the truest sense a surf wagon should be a grundged-out ride, half eaten by saltwater air and sand roadgrime. To that extent my set-up is more for show, using "futuristic surfing" as the theme.
TearDropXtreme
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves